Not getting my sweet, sweet supporter benefits in new webview app

gstuartj

gstuartj

Hi guys,

I was waiting until the new update was released to see if the Emby Connect changes might fix this, but I'm still having the issue. Each time I try to use the EPG in the new webview Android app it says I need a supporter membership to unlock the full view. I have logged in many times with my supporter account, which works in the other apps, but I still cannot unlock the premium TV guide view in the new Android app.

• I have a lifetime supporter membership, which is activated on my local server.
  • I am logging in using a local user account. I do not use Emby Connect.
  • I am logging in on the same network as the server.
  • My server is on a different subnet than my WiFi.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by gstuartj
  • Like 1

The app needs to be able to auto-detect the server on the local lan using udp discovery. It only has to be done once every 30 days. Since you're on a different subnet maybe that's the reason. I will have to think about how to validate that.

gstuartj

The app needs to be able to auto-detect the server on the local lan using udp discovery. It only has to be done once every 30 days. Since you're on a different subnet maybe that's the reason. I will have to think about how to validate that.

I thought it could be something like that. My VLANing would kill UDP discovery, since it's a different broadcast domain. It's probably not a common issue, but those of us who like to tinker or have homelabs often have services and clients in seperate VLANs/subnets.

• 2 weeks later...
docmarmo

I am having the same issue. I have a lifetime supporter membership and the key is entered and validated on my server, however I log into my server from work via my HP Slate 21 and I cannot unlock the guide even though I am signing in.

Edited by docmarmo

I am having the same issue. I have a lifetime supporter membership and the key is entered and validated on my server, however I log into my server from work via my HP Slate 21 and I cannot unlock the guide even though I am signing in.

are you able to login once with that tablet from home?

docmarmo

are you able to login once with that tablet from home?

Sorry no, its a 21 inch AIO, I mean I could drag it home but I rather not. I'll deal without the guide for now until you get it worked out...  :)

gstuartj

I guess this would also be an issue if someone chose to run Emby on a VPS or colocated server.

• 2 weeks later...
Yatyas

My issue sounds similar but the difference is that I purchased the guide access in the app.  It worked for a while but I have since had to wipe my phone and reinstall everything and now the guide will not unlock.

My issue sounds similar but the difference is that I purchased the guide access in the app.  It worked for a while but I have since had to wipe my phone and reinstall everything and now the guide will not unlock.

that should be fine. you purchased through google play or supporter? if google play, have you signed in as the same google user as before?

• 2 weeks later...
gstuartj

@@Luke, it occurred to me that the Fire TV app verifies my supporter membership just fine from a server in a separate broadcast domain. Would it be feasible to use the same verification method for the Android app?

• Like 1

@@Luke, it occurred to me that the Fire TV app verifies my supporter membership just fine from a server in a separate broadcast domain. Would it be feasible to use the same verification method for the Android app?

The two apps actually use common code to determine supporter status.

• Like 1

gstuartj

The two apps actually use common code to determine supporter status.

Interesting. My Fire TV and my Android phone are both on my WiFi VLAN, my media server is in my server VLAN, so if it works for the Fire TV then it should work for the Android client, no? I just double-checked to make sure that I didn't accidentally purchase the fire TV app from Amazon, but it's definitely getting its registration from my server. Any other ideas on why one app works and the other doesn't? I do miss having the supporter features.

• 1 month later...
gstuartj

@@Luke or others, what can I do to help you troubleshoot and fix this? My supporter membership works fine in the Fire TV app, but I still can't get supporter benefits in the Android app, which was one of the big reasons I donated. Logs would help, I'm sure. Any specific actions you need to me to do besides attempt to sign in with a local supporter account?