Incorrect Transcoding Sizes

soniCron

soniCron

FYI, selecting 720p (or 480p) options from the web client does not, in fact, transcode to those resolutions. (Ubuntu server 3.0.5621.4)

Seems its got the width and height mixed up when transcoding. From the log when trying to play 720p:

scale=min(iw\,720):trunc(ow/dar/2)*2

Unless my definition of 720p is different than Emby's, it should be minimum 720px high, not wide. ;)

Here's a properly formatted scale for 720p:

scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,min(1280\,720*dar))/2)*2:trunc(min(max(iw/dar\,ih)\,min(1280/dar\,720))/2)*2

The 480p is also formatted incorrectly, for what it's worth, making the stream about 480x270... Since Macbook doesn't get much love from a native client, the kids love to watch with their browser. Which they complain doesn't look as good as the TV. Which makes life hell...

Hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

soniCron

Just a heads up: seems only main content is transcoded incorrectly. Trailers are transcoded at the proper resolution.

Just a heads up: seems only main content is transcoded incorrectly. Trailers are transcoded at the proper resolution.

how is that possible as they are using the same command lines? are you sure?

soniCron

I stand corrected. There was no transcoding with the trailers, they were direct-play. I didn't check to see if the trailers were actually being transcoded, just saw that they were in fact showing up at full HD resolution. (Noticeable difference.)

So retract that. Looks like anything that's being transcoded to the browser (at least from Ubuntu server 3.0.5621.4) are being transcoded at the wrong resolution. Trailers, too. (I tested with an AVI trailer.)