Actors

claytonb

claytonb

When I click on an actor it shows what they have acted in Movies and TV Shows, if they act in a TV episode it only shows the episode thumbnail and the name of the episode. I have no idea what TV Show it is.

Can I have the season poster show instead of episode thumbnail?

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Not sure I follow.  What client would you be referring to?

5577e9eb0c6df_actor.jpg

Angelblue05

You could easily click on the episode and be brought to the actual show? I don't understand the issue...hehe

claytonb

Yes, I know, but it still doesn't show what Show it is just the episode name, I need to play the show to find out!! I only want to browse atm lol

Edited by claytonb

im85288

I agree with you here, the same thing happens in the resume section of TV shows. It shows the episode image so it's left to the user to guess what show its from by hopefully recognising the image on the screen.

claytonb

Thanks Dev, easy said than done, would be good to have the shows name showing at that level, if I can not recognise the image, there is now way I'm going to recognise the episode number and name, the year sometimes gives it away!!

im85288

Exactly! I have mentioned it a few times, I really cannot understand why using the episode image is supposed to be a good image for identifying the actual show. If you look at the web client for example on the home screen you will see resume episodes with the show image (this is good), but then navigate to TV and you see the exact same resume episodes but this time with the episode image..which is bad!

claytonb

I've played around with Plex for a couple of weeks and I like how they have your unwatched episodes on the home screen with the Poster of the season showing with the episode number to play next, I only watch content on my xbox. At the moment I am turning on the xbox, going to TV Shows and scrolling to the current show and it goes straight to next unwatched show which is great, still trying to master MB3 but I'll get there.

Koleckai Silvestri

In my experience the system only shows an episode image if you don't have a thumbnail assigned to the series overall. This is both on the Actor's and Resume pages.

im85288

In my experience the system only shows an episode image if you don't have a thumbnail assigned to the series overall. This is both on the Actor's and Resume pages.

Definitely not my experience:

Home screen:

0GLl3Dy.jpg

TV Section:

D3KEonh.jpg 

Definitely not my experience:

Home screen:

0GLl3Dy.jpg

TV Section:

D3KEonh.jpg

The series name and season/episode number (and title) are displayed right there on top of the image...

im85288

The series name and season/episode number (and title) are displayed right there on top of the image...

True, it is displayed on both the series thumb and the episode image. My main query is why the inconsistency in approaches?

To me, it is about context.  The further down in detail you drill, the more detailed the information.

However, in your specific example, I think you could argue for either way.

In the ATV App, I prefer the series thumb in any context where you are looking at more than one series.  Only when you are down inside a single series, do I use the actual episode image.

• Like 1

im85288

Yes I agree with you in that I prefer the series thumb for this sort of view. When actually going to the details I would expect it to show the episode image. Either way I think the clients (web, iOS, android etc) should be consistent in either using the series thumb or the episode image...not mix the two up as it is now.