Not able to cast to Shield TV

blauter78

blauter78

I posted this in another thread but thought it may deserve it's own topic in case others are experiencing the same.

I believe this worked after the initial redesign of the Android app but I am not sure now. The Shield Android TV does not appear as a cast to device from the Android app. I cleared cache, data, uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure and got the same results. I rebooted all networking equipment except for wireless router since wife was on it.

Any ideas what could be going wrong for me?

reluctantflux

Same here with my Shield.  If I start the video, though, then I can cast from the native Android video player.

blauter78

I may have missed it but has Luke or any other developer acknowledged this as an issue? I do miss being able to do this from within the Emby app.

I don't have a shield to test with, but i have no problems with a regular chromecast or a regular android tv nexus player.

reluctantflux

I think the Shield has chromecast issues in general.  This might be better to attack from the Nvidia side.  

@@Luke, I have a Shield and would be happy to test if anything comes to mind.  I recognize you probably wouldn't know where to start looking with the information given in this thread.  

If I get you emby android logs from starting the chromecast stream after starting playback, could that help you identify the issue, or is the video player logs handled by the root OS then?

blauter78

I would be more than happy to test as well. This is a commonly used feature for me.

I tried in some other apps and have no problems with the Shield (BubbleUPNP, iMediaShare, YouTube, Chrome(from desktop)). Also old app worked great.