Specials do not show up in season

millgeek

millgeek

Been loving the new Emby for Kodi. One thing that I have been having trouble with has been the specials in TV Shows are not showing up in season listings. For instance, Battlestar Galactica. The miniseries episodes are listed in the specials folder but are not showing up in Season 01 before episode 1 they way that their metadata indicates that they should and the way that they do in other Emby apps. The weird part is that I could swear this was working in the beta versions, but I had not used the new app since 0.25 or so. Perhaps I am mistaken about that part. Is there a way to force this behavior to occur as expected?

dravokivich

I haven't gone from Beta to Stable yet, so unsure if it's still the same thing in stable.

But in Beta, using the Emby Video Node for "Progess/Next Episode" as a shortcut always lists specials first.

Angelblue05

The stable is behind beta. 

I am pretty sure it's by design that we choose to not add specials to actual seasons. I can't remember the exact reason. They still display within their own specials season. 

I seem to remember they were showing up in every season, that's why they were removed? Would be great to see them in their correct chronological position in seasons though.

puithove

Yea, early on there were issues with making it work properly.  It might be time for a revisit.  Maybe make a feature request and ask @angelblue05 to add it to the Trello board.

Here's a thread on it - though there was more discussion on the details behind the scenes:  http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19946-emby-for-kodi-specials-episodes-shown-in-all-seasons/

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Vidman

Yea, early on there were issues with making it work properly. It might be time for a revisit. Maybe make a feature request and ask @@Angelblue05 to add it to the Trello board.

Here's a thread on it - though there was more discussion on the details behind the scenes: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19946-emby-for-kodi-specials-episodes-shown-in-all-seasons/

Can this feature request be added to the trello?