Questions about MBT

rmarcuse

rmarcuse

I'd just like to ask a couple of questions about MBT.

1. I managed to get an external play HPC to work but I was wonder isn't MBT suppose to have it own player? Prior to installing an external player I try to play my TV shows but they wouldn't play.  I kept getting a screen that looked like a player but the name of the file it was showing was not the file I was trying to play and it also didn't play anything.

2. Is there any configuration required after installation ie filters, etc.

This is an amazing project and I thank you all of you who have taken part in it.  The media browser product family just keeps growing and over the last three years I've been honored to watch it to take part in it.

• Like 1

MrSlippery

I'd just like to ask a couple of questions about MBT.

1. I managed to get an external play HPC to work but I was wonder isn't MBT suppose to have it own player? Prior to installing an external player I try to play my TV shows but they wouldn't play.  I kept getting a screen that looked like a player but the name of the file it was showing was not the file I was trying to play and it also didn't play anything.

2. Is there any configuration required after installation ie filters, etc.

This is an amazing project and I thank you all of you who have taken part in it.  The media browser product family just keeps growing and over the last three years I've been honored to watch it to take part in it.

Actually was going to ask the same thing (however to be honest I really did not have time to play with it last night literally got it installed and spent maybe 10 minutes).  That said none of my movies would play, so as you mentioned not sure if there is a set up for the internal player I missed or if that portion is not functioning at the moment.

Either way I intend to play with it more tonight, if I come across anything will post back up.  I am sure there are others who already have the answer hopefully they will chime in for you.

it's possible the settings have nothing to do with it. there have been a couple people who have reported that a simple uninstall, re-install fixes it. i haven't hunted down what it is yet. perhaps some incompatibility with an older version of lav.

• Like 1

MrSlippery

if you already had lav filters prior to installation, try uninstalling and re-installing it.

That might have been my issue works like a charm now with the internal player

3 Episodes in a row last night - flawless :) stop, start, pause, FF & FR all work fine. Fixed the AV pop ups by turning them off. Loving the screensaver. Need to use the mouse to exit - my MS Remote can't find its way to the windows exit "X" button at top right or the Left Arrow at top left - but that doesn't work from the main/first screen (EHS?) anyway. Not seeing any other issues yet. Nice.

EDIT: just noticed that if I start MBT when the server is alseep, it takes me through the set-up process. Any chance of including ebr's Wake on LAN from MBC ?

Edited by jordy
  • Like 1

mercanbobbo

Hi all,

I have another question:

is the trailer section expected to run properly?

I'm asking this question because in my case (server: 3.0.5070.20258; MBT: 3.0.5072.23), when I try to play any trailer, it doesn't start to play.

With MBC I have no problem to play trailers: after a couple of seconds after I press the play button, the trailer start to play.

rmarcuse

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling I still can't seem to get the internal player working on either of my PC's.  I must be doing something wrong.  Any suggestions?