Retro pay back to March! Well okay!

chef

chef

Yeah so I got a raise! Thank Canadian Government!! And they retro paid me from March!

I bought a Chromecast for my bedroom, and a Samsung Galaxy 4S, and some home automation stuff.

So, I have an android OS and want to make it simple.

Right now I can't get chromecast to show up on my Tablet in Emby. I think I have to add an extension to the Chrome Browser.

If that is the issue then... Okay... But, should I invest in the Android Emby app?

I hear that the "cast" function is built in.

I bought the tablet as an awesome remote for my Emby setup, so... Any thoughts from the community would be welcome :)

thefirstofthe300

To use a chromecast with your tablet, you need to install the Chromecast app from Google. Then you should be able to use it to find your Chromecast and any app or website that is cast enabled will be able to cast to it. You don't necessarily need to invest in the Emby for Android app (although if you are a supporter you can get it with all the extras for free) as the web client can cast.

On a side note, the browser extension is only for the desktop browser. Chrome for Android doesn't have extensions.

I would personally invest in the Android app though since you will eventually be getting all of the extra goodies that Luke is working on. :)

• Like 1

blade005

Chef,

Emby for Android is available free in the Google Play store. It was a paid for app in the past, but I believe that changed when development was brought in house. Latest version does have some in-app purchase options. (i.e. Live TV Guide) But, if you are an Emby supporter, even that is no charge. Give it a try. I have 2 chromecast devices on 2 televisions and the latest Emby for Android is casting well to both of them.

EMBY FOR ANDROID: Google Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mb.android&hl=en

• Like 2

chef

Yes! Emby for Andriod is free! Holy macaroni!! What a great surprise!

The android app is really great! It incorporates everything I need!

My Xbox one shows up, and all my computers and my Chromecast.

Emby never ceases to amaze me! I am very happy!

• Like 2