Songs - image extractor

steve1977

steve1977

There is an option in metadata-services that I can extract images for songs. What exactly does this feature do? I had enabled it, but don't think 20,000 images have bee extracted for 20,000 songs in my music library? And I am glad this didn't happen. Just curious what this feature does?

ginjaninja

slightly off topic....

do you embedded images in your tags?

do your songs show up with images in search result matches?

FrostByte

I always thought the extract option would just create the folder.jpg file if it didn't exist from the internal image.  I have the option set and nothing ever extracted as far as I know and assume it's because I already created the folder.jpg using the same image as the internal one

When I search I see images, but not sure if it's coming from the folder.jpg or the internal image as I use the same image for both. 

ginjaninja

I always thought the extract option would just create the folder.jpg file if it didn't exist from the internal image.  I have the option set and nothing ever extracted as far as I know and assume it's because I already created the folder.jpg using the same image as the internal one

When I search I see images, but not sure if it's coming from the folder.jpg or the internal image as I use the same image for both. 

interesting that as an internal image user, your songs in the search results interface have images...

I have folder.jpg in the album folders (NOT embedded), and the images show against the songs in eg. the song view under artist...but not against songs in search results... if you have images in search results then maybe this is an improvement opportunity..