Two servers on two computers not picked up by Roku App

livingdeadguy
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

livingdeadguy

Both computers are running Version 3.0.5621.4.

The app on my android tablet works fine.

I have tried restarting the apps, the computers, the roku (also tried updating), and the router.  Nothing seems to work.  It's not a matter of the Roku seeing a server but not connecting...it simply doesn't see either server.  When I do the auto scan to find a server, it picks it up but then I get the error "Unable to connect: we are unable to connect to that media browser server.  Please make sure your server is running before attempting to add it to the server list".  I have received that before and after everything listed in the first sentence.  

Now, both computers do have the icon asking me to upgrade to Windows 10.  Is that relevant to this?

Let me know if you need any more information or what steps you would like me to take in trying to troubleshoot.  Thanks for the help!

• Solution
Happy2Play

Are you sure you are running the correct Roku app?  Does your app show as Emby or Media Browser?

• Like 1

livingdeadguy

Thank you, Happy.  That was my mistake.  Going to delete Media Browser now to avoid future confusion.  You can kill this thread...

Out of curiosity, how did you come across the media browser app, or did you have it sitting on the roku for a while? Thanks.

livingdeadguy

A while back I either Googled or just searched on the Roku store for apps that would play videos from the computer.  Media Server/Emby was one of many that I downloaded (Plex was in these results as well).  It just so happens that once I started using this app I did not have a need to try out the others.  I never liked Plex, anyway.

And it streams better than the PS3 Media Server does which...is fantastic.  That thing started to skip all the time.