TV Season/Series poster.jpg

damian

damian

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm having an issue with tv shows and the posters for each season.

Emby isn't detecting the series/season covers in my tv shows. I'm using Ember Media Manager and configured it for kodi to scrape my metadata. Kodi sees the poster art for each season perfect, emby does not.

My current folder structure for each show is like this

TV1/Falling Skies/Season01

TV1/Falling Skies/Season02

TV1/Falling Skies/Season03

TV1/Falling Skies/Season04

Ember media manager seems to put the poster for each series in the root of the show.

For example

TV1/Falling Skies/season01-poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/season02-poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/season03-poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/season04-poster.jpg

I have found that if I manually upload a poster in Emby it puts the poster for the season in each season sub folder for example TV1/Falling Skies/Season01/poster.jpg

Is there any way to configure Emby to look for posters like

TV1/Falling Skies/season01-poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/season02-poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/season03-poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/season04-poster.jpg

rather than

TV1/Falling Skies/Season01/poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/Season02/poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/Season03/poster.jpg

TV1/Falling Skies/Season04/poster.jpg

Sorry about the long winded post and I hope I explained it clearly. Thanks for any help or ideas people have.

damian

I figured it out. Some of my shows are named incorrectly.

Some of my shows are named various ways such as

TV1/Falling Skies/S01.bluray.falling.skies.720p

If I rename S01.bluray.falling.skies.720p to Season 1. Emby finds the poster in the show root and matches it to the correct folder. It would be nice if emby could detect Season 1 from various different folder names. I would have thought that it would functioned the same as Kodi and detected them.

MrFlibbles

There are quite a range of supported episode naming conventions, but only a few season ones as you dont really need that many. The naming of the one you had issues with makes Emby think it is an episode and not a season, hence the image location.

Supported naming conventions can be found on the wiki: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

• Like 2

What is the point of all that redundant (and potentially inaccurate) information in the season folder name?  What tool is creating that?

• Like 1

damian

What is the point of all that redundant (and potentially inaccurate) information in the season folder name?  What tool is creating that?

It was on the folder when I got it. I noticed it with a few shows. If you think of it for blu ray backup copies naming the folder like my example and then naming the episodes s01e01.mkv reduces redundancy in file names. Thanks for all the help. In the end I renamed all my shows that had incorrect naming convention. Better in the end to stick to standards!