Version 3.0.5621.4 not adding content

bluc

Scott310

I am having the same issue.  Except that all scans are failing as well as theme subtitle downloads.  The library is showing as empty. Also Emby WMC Classic is not allowing any logins.  I assume this is because the library is empty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

I am having the same issue.  Except that all scans are failing as well as theme subtitle downloads.  The library is showing as empty. Also Emby WMC Classic is not allowing any logins.  I assume this is because the library is empty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

bluc

Also having the no items in library issue as well then I do a scan and everything comes back I actually thought this was because my files are on a usb drive but the files still play on clients even though they dont show up in web client.

Luke the log in the original post was taken after a server reboot then a library refresh done. I don't get a scan failed error I get "there was an error processing that request" message flash on the screen for about 2 seconds then there is still no new content in the library. The library scan keeps going then says completed at the end.

damian

I can confirm the same. I go into my library and nothing is there under music videos and or tv shows. As soon as I start a new scan the shows and music videos reappear even if the scan is a 1%. Its like starting the scan fixes some index or something of the sort.

bluc

I can confirm the same. I go into my library and nothing is there under music videos and or tv shows. As soon as I start a new scan the shows and music videos reappear even if the scan is a 1%. Its like starting the scan fixes some index or something of the sort.

+1 exactly what mine does everything re appears as soon as I hit refresh on library..

EZEd

Adding +1 as well. Library scan continues to stall but always says scan complete on restart. No error messages.

thefutureme

I am seeing the scan complete, but not all of my media is being added to my library. I've deleted the library.db and refreshinfo.db files, then I re-scanned, but I still don't see my files. I captured a log after deleting the files and running a manual scan, Please let me know if you need any additional information.

server-63569139917.txt

thefutureme

Hi Luke,

One example is my "SciFi" folder. In the log file, you can see there is only one file found (Superman). However, that folder actually has quite a few subfolders with MKV files in them. Even more interesting is that I do see some of those movies in my library when I browse, but, I am missing several others, such as "X-Men Days of Future Past", "Jupiter Ascending", among others. I originally thought it was because of the hyphen that was in my folder name (I'd called in "SciFi-Adventure"), but I found that was not the case when I removed it. I still see the same result. Any thoughts?

thefutureme

Hi Luke--

There are lots, one of which is "X-Men Days Of Future Past (2014).mkv". This is the same sort of naming convention found in the other folders which are seeming to index properly. I've attached a file with a listing of all folders and files I'm trying to index. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Scifi.txt

make sure they're not marked as hidden, also make sure you don't have parental controls or any other server settings that might cause them to get hidden. apart from that i can't really see any reason why they wouldn't show up at all.

before you do that i would just review your Emby user and make sure it's set to access everything, and without any parental setings.

scanner50

I'll also add my voice to this issue, same server version as above. Just today, tried to add 2 different movies and ran library scan multiple times. Every time it says it completes, but about 3/4 times it doesn't add them at all. The other 1/4 it will just add the .nfo and poster.jpg files but no other metadata/fanart. I'm following the proper folder/file names structures as I always have, but this is the first time I've experienced this.

Luke, I checked what you said. No files hidden, and user is set to access everything and has no parental controls.

thefutureme

Actually, I seem to have resolved the issue. I stumbled upon another post which mentioned not to use the drive letter as the folder path. So, I moved everything to a new folder on the drive, and re-ran the scan. Now I see my media. What's odd is that my TV media folder is mapped to a drive letter, and I see those just fine. Is there a difference between how Movies and TV media are handled?

thefutureme

I added "Y:\SciFi". However, for my TV shows, I've added the drive "Z:\" and everything indexes.

bluc

I have re installed Emby server and problem remains all shares are added via unc shares and my Emby server account(the account the server runs on under windows) has administer rights on the pc its installed on. Any other ideas? Its doing exactly the same as previous to reinstall..

I have re installed Emby server and problem remains all shares are added via unc shares and my Emby server account(the account the server runs on under windows) has administer rights on the pc its installed on. Any other ideas? Its doing exactly the same as previous to reinstall..

can you give some specific examples?