Windows 10 release date 29 July

Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Noticed all my computers had "Get Windows 10" icons in task manager to a reserve copy.

Looks like Windows 10 will be about the same price as Windows 8.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/microsoft-reveals-windows-10-release-date-july-29-n367666

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/06/01/free-windows-10-late-and-expensive/

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Deathsquirrel

Well the same price or free, depending on your current OS and how legit your current license is.

Edited by Deathsquirrel

FrostByte

I got the Get Windows 10 on my Win8 machines today, but nothing on my Win7 computers yet.

AdrianW

My main HTPC is running Emby for WMC on Win 8.1. So, Emby Theatre has got until 29 July 2016 to get to the same level of usability so I can get my free copy of Win 10.

• Like 1

godbodian

Hmmmm... I don't know what my config will have to do... no more WMC and XBOX extenders for me, I guess... :(  :huh:  :blink:

ScottIsAFool

Don't forget, updating to Win10 *will* remove Windows media Centre. So if you rely on that, do *NOT* update to 10.

• Like 3

CBers

Don't forget, updating to Win10 *will* remove Windows media Centre. So if you rely on that, do *NOT* update to 10.

"I've just upgraded to Windows 10 but MBC no longer launches !!"

;)

Heckler

All 3 Win 7 Pro machines have the get Win10 icon in the sys tray as of yesterday.

Still no word on which version of Win 10 will be the 'free' upgrade... Not downgrading from the Pro version to a basic version just because it's free... Would rather stick with Win7 Pro until there is more news about MBT within Win10... Because there is 'NO MEDIA CENTRE' in Windows 10.

Happy2Play

All 3 Win 7 Pro machines have the get Win10 icon in the sys tray as of yesterday.

Still no word on which version of Win 10 will be the 'free' upgrade... Not downgrading from the Pro version to a basic version just because it's free... Would rather stick with Win7 Pro until there is more news about MBT within Win10... Because there is 'NO MEDIA CENTRE' in Windows 10.

556dd77ca3dac_edition.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmmmm... I don't know what my config will have to do... no more WMC and XBOX extenders for me, I guess... :(  :huh:  :blink:

If you need them and your current setup works, why worry about upgrading?

• Like 1

godbodian

I appreciate all the responses and yes, I'm fully aware I don't HAVE to upgrade but the implied point is I would like to upgrade. In addition, I was just wondering if anyone else had concerns or potential solutions. For the lost of WMC to the Emby catalog.

politby

I am not getting the icon on any of my systems. Could that be because they are all members of a domain?