Live TV Guide - Cache?

jleckenby

jleckenby

Hi,

Loving the live TV guide, great improvement! Can't wait for the next step when its integrated natively with Android TV. It's not a huge delay, but it would be great if it could cache the data in some way. As it stands it takes a good few seconds to load. Perhaps start preloading on app open and keep in sync with the refresh guide task on the server?

• Like 1

The delay you are seeing isn't loading the data.  It is building the interface components to show you the data.

This is where you see what the extra $50 got you with a Fire TV vs. a Fire Stick.  And then the NP is even faster than the Fire.

jleckenby

At the moment I have two Fire TVs (not the stick). Interestingly one of them takes a couple seconds while the other takes 10+. Same update on both, same apps everything. Maybe i'll reset the slow one, will report back!

The next server release will improve the data processing side of the guide. But as ebr said most of the cost is in drawing the guide

At the moment I have two Fire TVs (not the stick). Interestingly one of them takes a couple seconds while the other takes 10+. Same update on both, same apps everything. Maybe i'll reset the slow one, will report back!

Then it is possible, in your situation, the slower one is encountering some sort of network latency.