User Profiles and Watched Indicator

jradams76

jradams76

I did a search and couldn't find anything related but wanted to see if there was a way around the following issue.

So on my HTPC I have two user profiles Family and Adult.  Family can watch all cartoons and other PG shows that our 13 year old can watch for example The Voice.  Then on the adult user there are shows like Breaking Bad but also the Adult profile can watch The Voice.  So when my wife goes to the adult user and goes to The Voice it shows that we haven't seen the 3 latest episodes in which she already has seen them but she did it while logged in as the Family user.  Is there a way for MB to know that the show has been watched or is it better to only include the show The Voice as the family user only and not have it show up on the Adult user?

Thanks

Jeremy

You can mark them manually.  Other than that, there is no way for the system to know about any relationship between the two profiles.

One day maybe we'll be like the XB1 and you can be logged into multiples at once.

You could also get her more immersed in the Media Browser experience. Give her a second screen in the palm of her hand. If she happens to be watching using the family profile, she can pull it up on a tablet and mark it watched.

i think a neat feature down the road would be able to piggyback onto another session and say "i'm here too". but if/until then, you need to toggle manually.

and yet another option is using trakt attached to both profiles.

• Like 1

The trakt option is a good idea - especially if it allows you to attach multiple trakt profiles to one MB profile...

jradams76

Thanks I will look into these options.  Great product BTW our family loves MB and all our friends ask us all the time what we use :)