Turn off Auto Updates?

MEB

When things are working I want to turn off auto updates since I'm tired of the random bugs that pop up when new features are added and it breaks stuff. If I see a feature I want I can choose to update or not. Especially since the Roku development is slightly on the back burner lately so when things change so fast on the server I keep getting random bugs that prevent use. I just want the freedom to update when I want and to the version I want, adding a feature that allows us to turn off updates would be so nice. I know there are hacky ways to turn it off but I just want a checkbox in the web interface.

ginjaninja

Isnt that what the 'official release' option is for under updates.

If you go into the Scheduled Tasks area of the dashboard, you can click on the "Check for application updates" task and delete all of the triggers. Do the same for the "Check for plugin updates" task and there should no longer be any updates.

If you go into the Scheduled Tasks area of the dashboard, you can click on the "Check for application updates" task and delete all of the triggers. Do the same for the "Check for plugin updates" task and there should no longer be any updates.

That will work but I would rather have a feature like the plugins have where there is a drop down box to choose which version you want to install. So we can roll back easier if something breaks.

FrostByte

Isn't that what ginjaninja posted where you can chose to fallback to the official release version instead of beta/dev.  Or are you wanting to fallback to a certain release number within those versions?

Edit: another option to not auto update is to run as a service.  The server doesn't auto update as a service and you don't have to turn off the notifications and can still be notified when there is an update, but get the choice to do it when you want.

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

If you stay on the Official Release, then you will get less updates.

Current Release versions are listed here.