Better library importing

jpichie

jpichie

Hello all,

So I heard about Emby, and thought I would give it a whirl on 2 of my Kodi PCs and my Android Tablet.

The integration on the tablet is superb, the layout is nice.

Now, when it came to Kodi, I noticed emby had the same issue as Kodi's own uPnP sharing which is "you get access to the library, but not through the main Movies/TVShows menus (the one you would use for local media)"

For me, this is kind of a pain in the but, to have to launch mediabrowser, then connect to movies or TV, etc, etc.

Is there any plans in the future to have the library accessible through the main page Movies/TV with the same recently added showing as tabs above (in confluence).

Great work so far, and I look forward to an answer.

Thanks

marcelveldt

You installed the legacy old addon... You need to use the beta Emby addon...

• Like 1

jpichie

Fantastic! I will give this a try, thank you for the quick reply.

@@marcelveldt, thank you again! This works perfectly, I am loving Emby!

Edited by jpichie
  • Like 2

jpichie

So this worked for me, but I have a question

Is there any chance that the latest beta build of this addon could be under the http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-kodi/ but under a beta download?
This would help those of use looking for the latest build, so we don't have to google it.

It would also make us aware that there are BETA builds.

Thanks again @@marcelveldt

xnappo

We are really close to releasing 1.0, at which time all will be updated.

jpichie

Thanks @@xnappo

for the time being, can you just confirm if I need to install the beta-repo AND the emby.kodi,master?

I found 2 separate beta links, one was the repo (repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip from the beta link in the forum), but once installed, I noticed Emby was not an option to install from here (actually nothing was available in this repo).

I then installed Emby.Kodi-master.zip (from github) and this did install Emby for me, and it is all configured and working

xnappo

No - you only need the Beta repo.  After you install any repo, you have to right-click force-refresh to get it to pull the content.

• Like 1