Some questions

raptorjr

raptorjr

Hi

It started in the Linux forum but it seems that my questions evolved to a more general type. So i'll try and see if someone can help me here.

1. Should the progressbar of a task update? It doesn't for me, i have to update with F5 or go to another page and back again.

2. Almost every time when i selected the Server page i see the url change, but the page don't load. I have to do a F5 to see the page.

3. Many of my movies don't get any metadata, pictures and such. If I try to edit in the metadata manager and select Identify and search for the movie without changing anything, I only get one hit in the search result, and can select and download the images without a problem. But shouldn't that be automatic?

Got a suggestion that i should try and do a refresh in the metadata manager, and I did. But all I see is a spinning "thing" and nothing seems to happen. Is there some kind of progress update anywhere when you do a refresh from the metadatamanger? I let it run for 10-15 minutes, but didn't get any metadata for my movies.

Appreciate any help.

I'm running version 3.0.5610.31876 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Raff

What browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome 42 on Win7 and 1 & 2 work for me consistently.

Regarding #3 - I would say that 99% of my movies and TV shows get the right metadata. I use the suggested Library format and typically the issues are around the name of the show. Since there is no progress indicator inside the metadata manager and that spinning thing goes on long after the files are actually created, I typically wander off and do something else and check back later. Another thing is that there is something up with caching - there are times that things only appeared correctly after I restarted the server.

As a general rule of thumb, but take this with a big FWIW from a n00b, when it doesn't pick up the metadata automatically I almost always have to hit the TV DB or the Movie DB and enter those IDs by hand.

raptorjr

I'm using Firefox 38, could try with another browser.

The thing is that without changing any info, when I do a search for the movie manually(edit in metadata manger and select Identify) Emby finds only one movie, and I can download the files. If Emby didn't find any movies, or multiple, I would understand the problem. But since only one movie is found, Emby should be able to process it automatically. But I don't know why it doesn't work?

I'm adding another question =)

I have a few collections. When I open a collection I can see the movies in that collection, but only black containers, no images. But there is images for the movies, because if I select a movie in a collection I see the images for that movie.

Raff

Well, your new question is a lot easier. It will be fixed in the next release.

I'll let someone with much more experience chime in, but when I see that metadata issue start to happen my first step is to go ahead and restart the server. My guess is that I am just impatient, but then I am new and adding my library at the moment. I can say that it does take time to pull in that data, but you may want to check your logs for issues. It may show an error that is causing the automated process to wander off.

Koleckai Silvestri

Hi

It started in the Linux forum but it seems that my questions evolved to a more general type. So i'll try and see if someone can help me here.

1. Should the progressbar of a task update? It doesn't for me, i have to update with F5 or go to another page and back again.

2. Almost every time when i selected the Server page i see the url change, but the page don't load. I have to do a F5 to see the page.

3. Many of my movies don't get any metadata, pictures and such. If I try to edit in the metadata manager and select Identify and search for the movie without changing anything, I only get one hit in the search result, and can select and download the images without a problem. But shouldn't that be automatic?

Got a suggestion that i should try and do a refresh in the metadata manager, and I did. But all I see is a spinning "thing" and nothing seems to happen. Is there some kind of progress update anywhere when you do a refresh from the metadatamanger? I let it run for 10-15 minutes, but didn't get any metadata for my movies.

Appreciate any help.

I'm running version 3.0.5610.31876 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Do you have any adblocker or script blocker addons? The web client and server pages are completely driven by Javascript so make sure that isn't blocked. Could also be a setting in the "Internet Safety" section of your firewall/antivirus/malware protection.

Deathsquirrel

Item one is a problem specific to Firefox.  It will be looked at eventually I expect but for now you'll either have to live with it or use another browser.

raptorjr

Yes, I did have AdBlocking enabled, but disabled now. But still same problem.

Anyway, 1 and 2 is no big deals, but it would be nice to figure out why not all movies get metadata automatically.

Koleckai Silvestri

Is the server allowed to make unlimited calls out through the firewall?

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri