Version 0.1.9-0.1.91

e123enitan

e123enitan

Just update with latest release, Kodi launched to Enter password for user:XXXX, Before I update everything works fine without password, now I am stuck at password page, I couldn't get beyond password screen.

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Nothing changed regarding this since like version 0.0.32 . It should still be working as I also have users with no password (just tested and it works...). Is the user hidden?

e123enitan

When Kodi was set up for Monica, I chose to designate one device for her, so deactivating all devices, this deliberate as I wish each user to have their unique device

But when my system did auto update to Ver 0.1.9-0.1.91, I experience logging issue, what is not apparent to me at this time was a new list of device have been add which is not activated in Monica profile. So after trouble shooting I noticed two devices but only one was activated, so I chose to update all, then the issue of password was resolved.

However looking at this list it not obvious which of this two is active, only if change Kodi device name, and delete others that I don’t need from server or activate all devices, which I don’t prefer.

I have seen this happen several time especially when more than 1 Kodi device is connected. This time was easy to identify coz I designate two devices for testing one Kodi, one Win 7 server, if it were to be a case of many clients I may not have resolve this quickly.

Could it be possible to have a mac address/ip as a unique identifier which act a link between client/server, where one can active or deactivate in the devices section, this could possible prevent duplicate client appearing in server, I think this will be useful, particularly, say more than one client of the same type (5 Kodi boxes) are connected to the server.
Just my thoughts

I tried to add pic's but fails to uplaod

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Yeah this happened because of my build number mistake. The deviceId assigned per Kodi device is saved in plugin.video.emby. When you uninstalled to install 0.1.9, it erased the set deviceId contained in the folder. This should not happen again in the future. :) Upgrading doesn't cause a problem, it's just the fact that you were force to uninstall reinstall that caused it.

Edit: For the request, I don't think it's necessary since the unique identifier does not change, ever, unless you uninstall the addon (which you won't). But we'll keep it in mind for the future.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

I copied a pic and paste using word doc icon, I get

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community".

Could someone explain what this mean, the image which I tried to paste is screen shoot of the server.

e123enitan

Yeah this happened because of my build number mistake. The deviceId assigned per Kodi device is saved in plugin.video.emby. When you uninstalled to install 0.1.9, it erased the set deviceId contained in the folder. This should not happen again in the future. :) Upgrading doesn't cause a problem, it's just the fact that you were force to uninstall reinstall that caused it.

Edit: For the request, I don't think it's necessary since the deviceId does not change ever, if you never uninstall the addon.

Nice good to know- thanks for your supports most appreciated, please change the word little to BIG helper  :D 

• Like 1