Plugin Tester needed please

chef

chef

Hi there!

Recently the Vera Home Automation plugin team ran into a bit of a road block.

Unfortunately in order to test the latest build of our plugin we need someone without a Vera to try our plugin and report any strange occurrences with the emby server.

If you would like to help (or have a spare moment) please DL the DLL from the link below and place it in your plugin directory and restart the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Chef :)

[link]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/SampleProject/SampleProject/bin/Debug/Vera%20Smart%20Home%20Automation.dll[/link]

chef

Thank you! That is exactly what we were looking for.

Raff

There was an error when I restarted, but the logs suggest it was my token/log-in was expired. I have restarted my instance a couple of times just in case, and Emby comes back up with just this error in the logs:

2015-05-18 09:38:16.1862 Error - App: Error in ServerEntryPoint
	*** Error Report ***
----- Snipping version/OS/etc ------
	The method or operation is not implemented.
	System.NotImplementedException
	   at VeraSmartHomeAutomation.ServerEntryPoint.IServerEntryPoint_Run()
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.<RunStartupTasks>b__0(IServerEntryPoint entryPoint)

Doesn't seem to have any ill effects at the moment.

Raff

General comments:

• No logo shows up in the plug-in list. I'm guessing you haven't set one up yet.
  • While the "GoodBye!" is mildly amusing to me, you may want to remove that from under "Verify!" - I'm guessing there is a chance the device isn't recognized and a frustrated user won't be a big fan of that language.

And I just realized that this is probably the wrong forum. I don't visit the Plug-in forum much since I don't really use many of them (Auto-box and Lastfm) so a mod may want to move this over there.

chef

General comments:

• No logo shows up in the plug-in list. I'm guessing you haven't set one up yet.
  • While the "GoodBye!" is mildly amusing to me, you may want to remove that from under "Verify!" - I'm guessing there is a chance the device isn't recognized and a frustrated user won't be a big fan of that language.
And I just realized that this is probably the wrong forum. I don't visit the Plug-in forum much since I don't really use many of them (Auto-box and Lastfm) so a mod may want to move this over there.

Indeed! I had "goodbye" in there as a gag.

I'll make sure it is removed for a final release. Lol

Thank you again for your time.

Raff

You may want to put some warning in that hitting verify requires you have the Vera server and it is up. This is probably a minor issue, since most people won't install the plug-in unless they do, but I am wondering if this would be the same user experience if the Vera system is down.

Just to see what happened, I refreshed the plugin page and hit "Verify". It asked me to restart (not sure if anything was actually verified) and the restart failed with the same NPR issue. I recovered quickly enough by deleting the DLL, but you may not have users that immediately realize that.

I would actually recommend catching whatever is breaking in MoveNext(). I don't have access to the MiOS/Vera APIs but I would expect that "GetDeviceInfoAsync" object to have something to check its internal list isn't empty before calling "next" - but I am making a lot of assumptions just from the error log. The good news is that I left the previous DLL installed through my rip of Babylon 5 and Aeon Flux. It didn't interfere with anything I was doing, no additional errors in the logs, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
chef

Yeah that is exactly what I did. Thank you so much for the feed back.

I was able to exit any subroutines which where causing errors, by checking for empty classes.