Very old user - coming back.

xreyuk

xreyuk

Hi guys.

I currently use Media Browser on WMC, the old version, not installed anything since it was Emby/MB3.

I want to give out Emby a try now that you have a linux server, and want to know if it's possible to still run my old Media Browser install alongside Emby to see how I like it?

I'd be using the WMC plugin for Emby as I use WMC for my main method of watching TV.

Thanks.

Macburp

People more expert than I may know better, but it is my understanding that the Emby for WMC client uninstalls Mediabrower 2 before installing. So it would not be possible to do a side by side comparison.

One way to test would be to install the server and then run a client on your phone or tablet. Not ideal, but it would give you a flavour of how Emby works.

Emby for WMC is very similar to the old Mediabrowser, particularly when the server and client are on the same PC. I've never regretted upgrading, and now run clients on Android, Android TV, IOS and Roku as well as WMC on my Xbox 360. It's a real step forward.

Do you have concerns going forward? If you do, list them here, plenty of folk will be happy to answer. Looking forward to you joining us with Emby.

yardameus

You can install Emby server along side the old MediaBrowser, but you can't install the Emby WMC client alongside of it.  So, you can test out the server, and get it up and running before switching over completely.

You could install the Emby for WMC client on one machine for testing/comparison.  It just can't be the same machine as the one with MB 2.x.