Work out movie's

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

My wife has a bunch of work out DVDs that she wants on the server. I am wondering if there is anyone else with this in their setup and how you are handling it. Any input would be awesome.

JoeyMuyo

I have a similar situation. Couldn't get Emby to pick them up, since they weren't a TV Show or Movie, and just couldn't get enough images to make them fit in with the other media.

In the end I just had to move them to their own folder outside of Emby and access them via SMB.

I would be interested to know if there is a quick solution to this though!

Deathsquirrel

Rip, convert to mp4 or mkv, add as a separate library of the home movie type, and manually set the metadata.  It generally won't exist online.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

@@BAS has a nice library as well... maybe he can give you a glimpse at his setup when he sees this

BAS

I know there is probably some metadata out there for some of my stuff but that really wasn't my concern for an Exercise area. So I made an Exercise library area in Emby Server, with the media type set to home videos. The only tip I would share with a home video setup and exercise videos is that a lot of these go in a certain order so I made sure in the name of the file I placed numbering. Then I manually just added a poster and thumb image for the main folders for each type. Here is some screenshots..

5559e3014386c_1.jpg

5559e314d28bd_2.jpg

5559e3291c5a4_3.jpg5559e3437c1ae_4.jpg

• Like 3

mediacowboy

Thanks @@BAS. I will have to start working on getting this setup for the wife.

• Like 1

I know there is probably some metadata out there for some of my stuff but that really wasn't my concern for an Exercise area. So I made an Exercise library area in Emby Server, with the media type set to home videos. The only tip I would share with a home video setup and exercise videos is that a lot of these go in a certain order so I made sure in the name of the file I placed numbering. Then I manually just added a poster and thumb image for the main folders for each type. Here is some screenshots..

5559e3014386c_1.jpg

5559e314d28bd_2.jpg

5559e3291c5a4_3.jpg5559e3437c1ae_4.jpg

Good day buddy,

Is it possible to share the posters/images for the above, I have similar collection.

Thanks in advanced.

My best

• Like 1

BAS

Good day buddy,

Is it possible to share the posters/images for the above, I have similar collection.

Thanks in advanced.

My best

Here you go. Not super high quality or high res but its a poster and a thumb at least. 

• Like 1