Help - Babylon 5 The Lost Tales - multiple movies

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

Can anybody help with how to setup a Movie folder that has 3 separate movie files?

Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales is one DVD in a seven part Babylon 5 box set. But as it has three separate movies how do I set this up so Media Browser server presents this as one of the seven movies and then allows me to pick one of the three parts?

folder structure currently looks like:

Babylon 5 Collection [box set]

Babylon 5 In The Beginning (1998)

Babylon 5 In The Beginning (1998).mkv

Next 5 movies

Babylon 5 The Lost Tales (2007)

Babylon 5 The Lost Tales-Over Here (2007).mkv

Babylon 5 The Lost Tales-Over There (2007).mkv

Babylon 5 The Lost Tales-Voices in the Dark (2007).mkv

Meta data is only available at the Babylon 5 The Lost Tales (2007) level.

But Media Browser Server does not work with Babylon 5 The Lost Tales (2007) due to the 3 movies files.

Any ideas how to handle this situation?

Edited by GhostRider

Raff

I am just now getting ready to start ripping my Bab5, so I can answer two of your issues. If you treat them as TV - Over Here is listed as 0 (Specials) Episode 7 in TVDB and Over There is listed as 0/8. I'm not sure what the regular Voices in the Dark is (that is at the end of my box sets) but I don't see it listed other than the preface to the other two titles.

I suspect you can throw all of them into a Specials folder (or really my experience has been where ever) and as long as you have the right season/episode, it will be fine. But then, I'm the noob, so someone may have a better answer.

• Like 1

GhostRider

Hi

Thanks for the help. I did not think to add to the TV series. TVDB does have all the films listed in the specials section.

After watching the film I have a couple of extra observations. The DVD has three films on the root menu:

Voices in the Dark

Over Here

Over There

However there are only two unique items. The "Voices in the dark" is actually just a merged "Over Here" and "Over There". So if you want to keep Babylon 5 as a film category just use "Voices in the Dark" and you will have just one item and all will work as normal. If you want to use as TV specials use the separate "Over Here" and "Over There" items.

The DVD also has its own set of specials - several interview series etc. These are not in the TVDB specials but if you use the TV series route you can add them with addition s00eXX items and manually add a description in the metadata manager. If you go the film route these can be added into the extras folder as normal for a film.

So panic over, now to decide if to add Babylon 5 to my library as films or TV specials.

Edited by GhostRider