Additional poster views

archangelz

archangelz

Would it be possible to add a toggle of different poster views for EMBY somewhere down the line? Right now all the movies show up in one long stripe sorted by different methods (category, name, etc)

This is a bit inefficient when you have a hundreds of movies (800 in my collection) for example and are trying to cycle through a lot of them to figure out what you want to watch. 

Something like a split panel description view would be nice. So like maybe 5 posters per row on a left column with a right column that contains a description for the currently selected movie/tv series. 

Sorry if this is duplicated, I didn't see anything else for this in the forum. 

I'm not going to say no or never but we are adhering to the basic UI paradigm of these boxes - which is single rows of content where the rows are separated out by categories.  This is what you see in all the apps designed for both the Nexus and Fire platforms.

If you use the facilities of this interface (which, I grant you may be a paradigm shift for you initially) I think you'll find it is pretty quick to find things.

You can use by letter and by genre views and the search facility works really well if you are just trying to find a specific thing.  Plus, the rows put right up front are usually what you are interested in as well - being your latest unwatched movies and next up episodes in TV series.

I'm sure we'll continue to improve on the display and categorization and, maybe even will have other view styles someday, but we are trying to utilize the familiar interface of the target platform so that users know exactly what to expect.

archangelz

Okay, I wasn't saying the default should be changed. Just it would be nice for a few more organization options. 

I'll keep my eye out for changes somewhere down the road. Thanks.