Please add this numbering convention Please!

Blairlio

Blairlio

Can we please add this as a new numbering convention! #01 - Episode name.avi   #10 - Episode name.avi  Pretty please!

Few friends of mine and myself label our tv episodes with # and a 0 in-front of our episode number! My whole t.v collection is labeled this way and it would take forever to rename it all! and can't seem to figure out tv rename lol i would rather keep the numbering convention i am already using! Please consider my request and thank you for your review! 

5289473b402bd_Minesort.jpg

Blairlio

Because of the way i sort my tv collection my episodes do not show up in mb3 and duplicates are created and labled missing! 

A new numbering convention would fix this problem and save me some heartache!528948d6c78da_nothing.jpg528948e3ed757_Missing.jpg 

This is a different one than the other open request. 

The other request is asking for 01 - my episode.

This is asking for #01 - my episode.

In both cases they're requesting that they get added to our episode file naming conventions so that they get recognized as such and we're able to parse the numbers out.

Blairlio

i am sorry for sounding like a noob! i have no other problems or issues with your program! in my eye's it is perfect and works great for me beside for lacking the requested numbering conventions!

This is a different one than the other open request. 

The other request is asking for 01 - my episode.

This is asking for #01 - my episode.

In both cases they're requesting that they get added to our episode file naming conventions so that they get recognized as such and we're able to parse the numbers out.

I really see that as the same convention as I assumed the '01 - my episode' really meant '[any number of any characters]01 [any other characters] which would also match #01 - whatever.

Of course, the potential issue is anything with a number in it being mis-recognized so we probably need something other than just the digits.

Sorry don't understand the reply ebr?

What the file name is won't impact how it is displayed or sorted inside of the MB clients.  They will use richer data (true names, episode numbers, season numbers, etc) for that.

exactly, that's the issue, creating false positives with the other conventions. and then how would this new convention handle multi-part episodes. so all of that has to be worked through.