TV Theme Music

vpholbert

vpholbert

WIth the recent updates (Emby for Kodi, server updates), I no longer am able to get the TV Theme music to play as I navigate the TV Shows folder. Is this something that was tied to the old MB for Kodi add-on and no longer exists in the Emby for Kodi add-on? I have the TV Tunes add-on installed (as well as the TV Theme Music plugin for Emby Server), but still get no these music. Just trying to determine if it's something in my setup, or if this is a feature that is no longer supported through the native Kodi setup that is used by Emby for Kodi.

vpholbert

Thanks, Angelblue05. Is this true both for the TV Tunes addon and the TV Theme Music plugin for the Emby server? I've actually never used the TV Tunes addon but I really liked the ability to play the various TV series' theme music when browsing the TV Shows directory in Kodi, which the plugon allowed me to do.

vpholbert

Thanks, xnappo. I'm not a programmer, so forgive me for a perhaps ridiculous question, but how does the Emby addon then differ? How are file paths set up to utilize the Kodi libraries? This is great learning for me. You guys do amazing work and I am most grateful for all of the time and energy that has gone into making Kodi + Emby a remarkable one-two punch!!

badaas

So does the web front to the server play tv themes? I havent heard any. Does that rely on real paths? Confused, sorry ;)

Or is that a paid for plugin?

Edited by badaas

xnappo

Thanks, xnappo. I'm not a programmer, so forgive me for a perhaps ridiculous question, but how does the Emby addon then differ? How are file paths set up to utilize the Kodi libraries? This is great learning for me. You guys do amazing work and I am most grateful for all of the time and energy that has gone into making Kodi + Emby a remarkable one-two punch!!

So instead of pointing to the actual file, we put a link to the Emby DB.  This allows us to detect whether you are local or remote, and transcode if needed.

The Themes addons hi-jack the path to the video file in order to find the theme music.  

Eventually someone (like @@im85288 who likes this feature) will figure something out...

Vidman

So does the web front to the server play tv themes? I havent heard any. Does that rely on real paths? Confused, sorry ;)

Or is that a paid for plugin?

in ebmy server web client/front they will play if you enable them in the web client user preferances. It is a core server function to recognise TV/movie theme tunes, you can supply these yourself or the paid server plugins can automatically download them for you Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1