Can't Connect To Server Remotely After UG to Version 3.0.5607.2

Scott310
Go to solution Solved by Scott310,

Scott310

Hi There,

Everything was working beautifully until the upgrade.  I starting getting reports from my remote Roku Clients that they were unable to connect after the upgrade.  I checked to make sure that they were using the correct version of Emby For Roku Client and they are all up to date.  I am also unable to connect remotely from my Android Device.  This is happening even with Windows firewall turned off.  Also when I am connected over WIFI I am able to connect with my Android Device using the Android app.  However Even on Wifi I am unable to connect using the web client.  It says "err connection refused".

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would provide any logs as needed.

Thanks Guys!

it sounds like maybe the apps just can't get through when you're away from home? have you setup port forwarding in your router?

Scott310

Yes I have Port Forwarding set up.  As I said everything worked perfectly for a long time but went haywire the minute I upgraded to the latest version.  I have two remote roku users and they were both locked out at the same time. And for some strange reason the web app doesn't even connect on my android device even when I am on my local network.  But the web app works fine on my PC.

Very strange...

• Solution
Scott310

Wow that is weird.  I just checked my port forwarding again and it seems my router suddenly stopped forwarding port 8096.  Must have been a strange coincidence that it happened at the same time as the update.  Seems to be working fine now.

• Like 1