Anyone use Kodi remotely on Android phone?

Deihmos

Deihmos

I just tried it out and it works perfect. Not the best UI for a phone but still useable. Best thing is it works perfect compared to the other app which has always given me issues.

• Like 2

Wheemer

The Emby Android app seems to look great and functions perfectly.

Have you tried that?

Edited by Wheemer

elcabong

I just use the web interface on my android phone using chrome browser.  you can "bookmark to homescreen" or something similar which makes it perform like an app, but its just the web ui.  It works pretty good when not at home.  I currently have it setup so i need to VPN into my home to connect, but it shouldnt be any different than connecting through a port forwarded on your router.

Deihmos

I'll give the mobile web another try.

Edited by Deihmos

kolbasz

I tried it and it was all jittery, but I assume that is an issue with me running docker and lack of power to transcode on the system running it.  But I have no idea, I was only playing with it, so I am not sure why performance was so bad.  Could be something else completely as well.

Deihmos

Did you set the stream quality? I have it set to 2 Mbps. I just bought a cheap HP Windows 8 tablet and tried the Windows 8 app set at 1.5 Mbps but it keeps buffering. I installed Kodi and set it to 2Mbps and it is smooth like butter. Some of the the apps just don't work well and is one of the reasons I decided to bail but I decided to return because of the Kodi plugin.

Edited by Deihmos

Deihmos

I will try it, I have it set to 40 right now...

I just tried out the mobile site and it seems to work well on my phone. I'll use that instead. Kodi isn't really built for phones. It is more for a tablet.

kolbasz

I tried it with the emby app and at 2 on my home network it was jittery. It was the source, my server was pegged, so for now I'll stick to rpi and cubox for playback, which is fine