Parental Controls not working fully, Android app sees new adult titles

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hello

I have configured my daughters Emby user account which isn't an Emby Connect one as she has no email address, in the Emby server user settings to only display USA - PG/TV-PG content. 

However on her Android tablet when ever I add new movie titles to the Emby library which are a higher rating, I can see them appear in her Emby app. I just added "88 Minutes" which is rated R and as you can see its visible to the child in the app.

5550b31d4bef4_Screenshot_20150511144502.

My daughter is only 5 and some of the movie poster images freak her out, so she can't really use this Emby app at the moment. 

I was using the stable Emby server for Windows, but I changed the auto updates to BETA level so now its version 3.0.5607.1. But it did this on both the stable and beta versions. 

If you can fix this issue that would be great!

Many thanks.

• Like 1

cw-kid

In the Android app? Its showing as rated R and in the movies section of the Emby web GUI its also R.

If I edit the title in the Metadata Manager there is a Parental Rating field and in here it says: "Rated R"

So the rating is already there in that field!

However this movie title was just imported in to Emby using the Kodi Helix NFO file as I am still testing.

Looking in the external IDs area it has an IMDB ID but no TheMovieDB ID.

If I refresh this title in the metadata manager then it gets a TheMovieDB ID populated. 

And if I look on the Android app again now the title "88 Mintues" has gone and can no longer be seen.

So it seems related to the title not initially having a TheMovieDB ID but it did initially have a rating. 

I have the option "Download artwork and metadata from the Internet" enabled in the Emby server metadata settings. But it seems hit and miss if an NFO imported movie title will get a TheMovieDB ID or not. 

I guess I will have to remember to run the refresh afterwards. 

Thanks

Ok, it's not the app's problem, it's the rating. The server is looking for "R", not "Rated R". The rating field is not intended for custom text, it has to be fairly strict so that we can attempt to assign a numeric value to it. In the future we would like to be able allow you to define your own but we don't have that right now.

• Like 1

cw-kid

Its done the same thing though with other movie titles and displayed them in the childs Emby app. 

Its not custom text I have added.

I just looked at the Kodi NFO file for another movie title it says:

<mpaa>Rated PG-13</mpaa>

So Kodi must be putting in the "Rated" text, which then Emby cant handle?

If kodi is doing that then we'll make sure to strip it off the front before analyzing.

• Like 1

cw-kid

I just looked at 4 or 5 other Kodi nfo files and they all have the "Rated" text in that tag. 

So its Kodi doing it for sure!

cw-kid

Hi @@Luke

Also worth noting movie titles that are not rated are exported in to the Kodi Helix nfo file as:

<mpaa></mpaa>

and I've also I seen some as:

<mpaa>Rated </mpaa>

And some others have no mpaa tag at all in the nfo file.