MB3 crashes entire computer and DDOSes my network

Link

I'll update more details soon. I have the November 13th version of the server. It seems to idle fine, and I can access media fine. But when using the dashboard, three times now, my computer has frozen and nothing I do can elicit a response (black screen). My local network is *flooded* and no other computers under the same networking switch can reach the internet until I go turn off the computer running mb3 server. When I do, suddenly everything goes back online. I'm trying to manage mb3 from a remote location and mb3 is literally DDOSing my other servers on the same network- and since I'm locked out I have to physically go to the computer to address the issue. Hopefully the logs I extract when I get there will be enough, because I can't afford to run mb3 anymore due to this.

windows 8.1 pro x64

version from nov 13th 2013

more to come.

• 1 year later...
JustinHTPC

I've been having this same exact problem for the last year or so. It seems to occur somewhat intermittently, and regardless of server updates. I realize this thread is a year old, but thought I'd resurrect it and see if anyone can shed any light. Any thoughts as to why it takes down my entire home network until I restart the frozen computer running MB server? I'm running windows 7 pro.

Deihmos

I have been using MB3 for a while now since alpha and never ronce had such an issue. Probably some other software causing it.

Edit. This thread is over a year old!

Edited by Deihmos

JustinHTPC

It's definitely related to media browser and not any other software. I use MB server on my windows 7 machine and then typically watch it through my Roku 3 box. Often times it will freeze when playing and then I can't access anything else on my home network. I often have to perform a hard reset of the server as the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive. As I recall it sometimes is accompanied by an error with ffmpeg.exe. But I have reinstalled the MB server and started from scratch a couple of times just to run into this issue again. My only question here was whether or not anyone knew why it would freeze everything on the network. Even my dropcams which are recording continuously go offline until I restart the server.  Any help would be great. 

Thanks!