24 hz question for Kodi Playback

MSattler

MSattler

I know this isn't a KODI forum, however, I have my Minix player set to switch to 24hz automatically.  Here is the thing, the pause menu, start/stop time are not fully on screen.  Do I need to setup overscan correction correctly in 60hz and 25 hz?  Or is the playback correct and the menu is just off?  Which I used to see in TMT6.

thanks!

Angelblue05

You can adjust the overscan by going in settings (advanced mode) > System > Video output and go throught the video calibration.

MSattler

Oh I know that :). What I am asking is overscan from 60hz different than 24hz. Do I need to set it twice?

When something plays at 24hz does the menu size seem off compared to 60hz.

Angelblue05

oh! Errrr.... I would not know - sorry :(, maybe you'll have better luck googling for an answer or searching the actual Kodi forums or if someone here knows, I'm sure they will post :)

steini

When you ask Kodi to change the display to 24hz it ignores the video calibration ( if I remember correctly) do you have a old tv that does not support unscaled video output?

MSattler

It is an E series samsung so I am sure it supports it. The 24hz video looks corrext to me. It is only the kodi in play menu that appears during playback that looks different in 24hz as opposed to 60hz.

Can you take a pic of the inplay menu at 24hz to see if it matches what i have? I can take a pic and post tonight.