Recorded TV

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hi There,

I'm using the latest NPVR plugin (3.0.5569.35335) with most recent NPVR client (3.4.8).  Steaming live TV is working but I'm having some difficulty with the Recordings.  I have some old recorded TV where the files were manually deleted.  I can't seem to remove them from Emby.  When I click on them, it shows a status of Error.

Also, I can't play back recorded TV on any other Emby client.  On Windows phone the recordings show and the player launches, but it just shows a black screen.  On the W8.1 client, the recordings show, but clicking on them does nothing.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

rikiwi

To delete the recordings open NPVR/Recordings and delete from there.

I have also found the only way to set up series recordings is to do them from NPVR as this option has gone from Emby.

Sorry I can't help with your 2nd question as I can play all recordings on my clients and devices.

Edited by rikiwi

jasonwilliams

Thanks rikiwi,

I did actually delete them from NPVR.  I noticed a few minutes ago that they have now disappeared from Emby as well.  I guess this runs on a schedule.

As for the playback, I should add that I can play them using Emby Theater, just not the WP or Windows 8.1 clients.

To delete the recordings open NPVR/Recordings and delete from there.

I have also found the only way to set up series recordings is to do them from NPVR as this option has gone from Emby.

Sorry I can't help with your 2nd question as I can play all recordings on my clients and devices.

Nothing has happened to series recordings but NextPvr is probably not returning the data required in order to identify that a program can be recorded as a series. You could check with Sven on that.

You guys can also try out EmbyTV, it's a new live tv plugin for HDHomerun that doesn't require any external software. It isn't fully mature yet so it might not be for you, but it will remove a lot of the setup from live tv once it's complete.

rikiwi

Thanks Luke

I guessed it was a NextPVR issue as series recordings ability was always there when I used ServerWMC.

But I switched to NextPVR as I could never get consistent recordings and also to get more prepared for upgrading to Windows 10.

EmbyTV looks great but i don't have a HDHomerun tuner as yet.

jasonwilliams

Hey Guys,

My problem is with playback.  The WP and W8.1 clients won't play any recorded TV.  Emby Theatre will though.  Should I be posting those questions in the client forums?

Yea. I noticed the issue in 8.1 and passed it along to 7Illusions. I'll mention this to Scott about windows phone.

Awesome thanks.

While we wait for Scott, can you grab a server transcoding log from a windows phone playback attempt? thanks.

ScottIsAFool

I think playback on Live TV has broken in my app anyway, I will be looking into this.

sub3

I guessed it was a NextPVR issue as series recordings ability was always there when I used ServerWMC.

NextPVR's API provides all the info Emby needs to do this. It must just be some shortcoming of the Emby plugin.

NextPVR's API provides all the info Emby needs to do this. It must just be some shortcoming of the Emby plugin.

Thanks. I think Sven may just not know about it.

Sven

I know. :) Feel free to change the code. It's available on github.

It's not always possible for me to be online and do some changes...

Most people know that, sometimes you will see many replies for me but sometimes you don't see anything from me.

I don't gonna explain the full story why. But Luke knows the story and understands the problem.

Damstas

I know. :) Feel free to change the code. It's available on github.

It's not always possible for me to be online and do some changes...

Most people know that, sometimes you will see many replies for me but sometimes you don't see anything from me.

I don't gonna explain the full story why. But Luke knows the story and understands the problem.

My post atleast wasn't directly targeted toward you. I just made it public that the feature was missing, if someone else who were to develop this plugin would be aware of it.

Guess I need to start to learn how to code. :)