Shows removed or are now missing from library

andrewbee
Go to solution Solved by andrewbee,

andrewbee

I launched Emby today after tidying up some of my folders and  noticed it wasnt showing all my shows in the folder view. TV shows has being reduced to only 3 from 60.

I thought it was the new server update so I reverted to 3.0.5597.1 and rescanned but the problem hasnt resolved itself.

Could I get some help with this. Thank you.

server_log_100515.txt

P.S. The files are still located on the hard drive just not showing up in the Server.

Edited by andrewbee

An operating system method that we're trying to call is throwing this error.

2015-05-10 13:56:15.6178 Error - App: Error resolving path \\Andrewbeast\tv shows$\12 Monkeys
	The given path's format is not supported.
	System.NotSupportedException

In the future, we're very helpful, but please be patient. You only created your topic four hours ago, and then bumped because we apparently didn't respond quick enough.

andrewbee

Thanks for responding. Didnt mean to appear hasty, last time I reported a problem, I patiently waited for 6 days before trying again to get help.

I'm not sure what I am to do with the solution? Remove the network paths? Re add the media location?

Edited by andrewbee

drashna

Thanks for responding. Didnt mean to appear hasty, last time I reported a problem, I patiently waited for 6 days before trying again to get help.

I'm not sure what I am to do with the solution? Remove the network paths? Re add the media location?

Does it work if you don't use a hidden share? 

• Like 1

• Solution
andrewbee

I decided to make a clean reinstall with update(3.0.5607.1). Made all network share visible and everything seem to be working fine.

I have got to say, its really awesome when everything seems to be working. Emby classic is a great pair with the server. Just goregous.

I did not want to open a new thread but I am having an issue with my WMC Client. It crashes and fails to play a series. I think its trying to transcode but it shouldnt as the client is a PC with LAV splitter codec. I would appreciate if anyone could help me out with this.

server log:server-63566954765.txt

transcode log:transcode-da288fb6-ac97-4725-aab5-c34a0aedf392.txt

Please create a new thread in the Emby for WMC forum but, if it is trying to transcode, then your problem is undoubtedly one of either access from the other machine or reference paths being incorrect.

• Like 1

andrewbee

I will perform a few checks in regards to the codecs on the client PC to make sure it shouldnt be transcoding. If that doesnt work, then I will report again in WMC forum. Thanks

Edited by andrewbee

andrewbee

Thanks to Xanashi, I found VSfilter was causing Windows media center to crash and force Emby server to try transcoding. So I uninstalled xy-VSFilter and made a clean install of k-lite codec pack (standard). Everything seem to play fine now.

Edited by andrewbee