Synced Video Fails to Play

Pais

Pais

Over the last couple of weeks I've been syncing and playing back about 10 videos per week. All videos are synced using the default "High" profile. I've noticed that approximately 20% of the synced videos cannot be played back in offline mode where I receive a message that "The video failed to play." I've kept a list of the videos causing issues, but I thought that we might be able to try and figure out how to get one to work and then I can retest the others.

I've attached the transcode log for one such video along with the logs from the Windows 8.1 app when attempting to playback the video. Anything else I can do on my end to help with some debugging?

transcode-0eae7c3e-fd3b-40ca-b911-7e6411a5050c.txt

win81_log1.txt

win81_log2.txt

Pais

I've synced another batch of videos. In this one 3 out of 10 failed to play. It's something that can be worked around by syncing more content than I need at a given time, but it would be nice to figure out what needs to change to stop this from happening.

We're looking into it, but if you could post new logs with the latest version of the server that'd be helpful. thanks.

For testing purposes can you take the file that was synced to the device and copy it back to your pc? we want to know if potentially it was corrupted during the transfer. thanks.

Pais

We're looking into it, but if you could post new logs with the latest version of the server that'd be helpful. thanks.

Here's a new log. I had previously tried to sync that video 3 times and each time I received the same result. Since it wouldn't play I had deleted the sync job to clear up some space. With a newer version of the server the same video syncs and plays. I'll test some more of the problem videos in the coming days and report back any news. 

transcode-7a995131-ff04-48a0-885e-9c55b79a7ca1.txt

Edited by Pais

Pais

Here's another update. Last Thursday/Friday I synced 8 new videos. Of these 4 had previously been synced but generated the Failed to Play error message. All 4 now played back successfully. There was 1 video out of these 8 which generated the Failed to Play message, but it had no been synced before.

This video plays back fine in VLC on the same computer. Are there any additional diagnostics I can provide to help identify what's going on with this file?

did you transfer the synced file from the tablet back to your pc? that's step 1. we want to see if it was corrupted during the transfter somehow.

7illusions

Can you try to play the original file directly from the server and post the transcode-log for that as well? You don't have to watch the full movie, I just want the transcoding to start so that I can compare the command line arguments.

Pais

Can you try to play the original file directly from the server and post the transcode-log for that as well? You don't have to watch the full movie, I just want the transcoding to start so that I can compare the command line arguments.

Here you go. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

transcode-6bef48a5-b0ac-4a66-8ea1-4217702bfeeb.txt