Live TV over Kodi Emby addon?

genesisforlive

marcelveldt

No, kodi had its own live tv addons.

Deihmos

If you have an HDhomerun you can use the their official plugin which works really great. I barely look at TV so it is perfect.

genesisforlive

yes tv works perfectly but i would 1 command center and no configuation on a lot of clients.

thx for awnsers

archangelz

I'd like this as well if possible. It would be a lot easier to have one plugin instead of a great many, some of which aren't as actively developed. 

puithove

In my opinion, even if this were to happen, it would need to be a separate addon using Kodi's PVR functionality. I only see it as being useful for someone who might want to use the very impressive EmbyTV plugin as the only PVR backend. Otherwise it would be more efficient to use one of the existing Kodi PVR addons to connect to the backend directly vs making Emby be a middleman.

Either way it should be out of scope for the db sync addon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

marcelveldt

In my opinion, even if this were to happen, it would need to be a separate addon using Kodi's PVR functionality. I only see it as being useful for someone who might want to use the very impressive EmbyTV plugin as the only PVR backend. Otherwise it would be more efficient to use one of the existing Kodi PVR addons to connect to the backend directly vs making Emby be a middleman.

Either way it should be out of scope for the db sync addon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, that's the point. In fact, we can not even use this addon as a Kodi PVR addon.

• 3 months later...

Found this thread via search...

I would like to be able to access live tv streams in Kodi via the Emby add-on.  For me, the purpose would be to take advantage of the emby server built-in transcoding for remote tv viewing.  Functionally, it  wouldn't need to be more than what's available from the emby web client interface.

Is this possible?

xnappo

It would be a separate effort to plug the Emby TV backend into the Kodi LiveTV frontend. Yes it is possible, but not with THIS addon.

Even if you are not a coder, you could research documentation on both and that would take it a step closer to reality.

Edited by xnappo