Web Server no longer recognizes Kodi playing content

mprassel

mprassel

I just noticed my web client and it no longer is reporting what is being played on my rPi2. Not sure what happened as this was working before. Here is a log

Angelblue05

Restarting Kodi doesn't fix the problem? Are you seeing Kodi as a device you can play to in your emby dashboard? It seems like playback didn't even launch from the look of your logs.

mprassel

Restarting does not work. It also doesn't show in the web dashboard from my Win8 laptop. I've attached that log as well.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

There's no reason for this to happen. And there's no errors in your log. What I'd suggest at this point is probably start from scratch. We had a few modifications that affects the database so maybe something got corrupted? Let us know if it helps any. It's almost as if the internal Kodi api is not communicating that playback started so the addon is not picking it up to send the information to Emby.

Edited by Angelblue05

mprassel

Yup, started everything from scratch and it's working again. Thanks for your help. You can close this one out.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

We will be looking into it, mprassel. Thanks for reporting!

@@mprassel

Is it possible for you to enable debug in the addon settings? I'm looking for specific lines and they are not showing at all.

Edited by Angelblue05

mprassel

Here is a new log with debug on. Let me know if this is good.

Could this have anything to do with my server? I don't think it would as I can sync fine but just wanted to ask.

Thanks for all the help!

01_KODI.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

And are you seeing Kodi as a device in your webclient? I don't see these lines, which makes me worried that Emby for Kodi is failing to connect correctly to your server.....:

05:39:04 T:2772  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> Requests session started on: http://ip-address:8096
05:39:05 T:2772  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> Posted capabilities to http://ip-address:8096

It seems your samba times out or something. I see this line a few times:

22:03:49 T:1969545760  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

Is your device wireless? Are you able to wired it to see if it improves things? Also does it fail to report playback for every file? It just seems like playbackstarted is never communicated. Do you have any weird files contained in the content folders? Like .rar or subtitles etc?

Edited by Angelblue05

mprassel

And are you seeing Kodi as a device in your webclient? I don't see these lines, which makes me worried that Emby for Kodi is failing to connect correctly to your server.....:

05:39:04 T:2772  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> Requests session started on: http://ip-address:8096
05:39:05 T:2772  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> Posted capabilities to http://ip-address:8096

It seems your samba times out or something. I see this line a few times:

22:03:49 T:1969545760  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

Is your device wireless? Are you able to wired it to see if it improves things? Also does it fail to report playback for every file? It just seems like playbackstarted is never communicated. Do you have any weird files contained in the content folders? Like .rar or subtitles etc?

I do see Kodi in the devices on the Webclient and am able to play files without issue. My rPi2 is connected to a wireless extender which then connects to my server via a powerline adapter. I will try to use a computer directly connected via ethernet but I don't think that really should matter. I'm able to sync and play all my files so it is able to see the server. I'll update when I get a chance to test a machine connected via ethernet.

Also, no weird files. Almost all of my video is in MKV containers. No rars or weird subtitles.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, I'll be around a bit later. Might have to create a custom build to try debugging this since I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Usually when a file starts playing, you'll see onPlaybackStarted in your logs, but it doesn't seem to even set off the chain of events to report to your server. Quite odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

No, same port :/ and if he's seeing Kodi as a device and also he's receiving server events i don't think the websoket is the issue.

Angelblue05

I just don't see playback starting in his logs... If the first api call to the server is never made then report progress does not work because the server does not know what item it refers too...

mprassel

I've just noticed it's not marking the episodes as watched on on my web client on the server. This was working a few builds ago.

xnappo

It is like the service is crashing on locking up.

Restart Kodi and see if right after a restart the mark as watched is working.

Angelblue05

What do you mean on locking up? Or do you mean when retrieving the clientId? The lock/release?

xnappo

I mean I suspect the service is not running at all.

[EDIT] Nevermind though, as it is obviously running because he is getting websocket events.

Edited by xnappo

Angelblue05

But the only way to start the websocket client is if the service loop goes :) We would need to add some logging in the service loop to see where it's getting stuck.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Exactly, we just need to add some logging in the service loop - but what I find odd is that the onplaybackstarted event doesn't seem to get through when the playback starts later in the log.....

Edit: And this is Kodi internal api....right?

Edited by Angelblue05