repeated image download and movie.xml overwrites

dropshadow

dropshadow

how do I stop mb from constantly downloading copies of new backdrops? I have literally 4 or 5 complete sets in my folders and it's starting to make me mad the amount of time I have to spend manually cleaning it up. how do I stop the automatic download after 1 pass? I only want to manually download images after the first pass. or how would I stop copies of the same backdrop over and over again?

also, mb likes to go and re-write my movie.xml file. I keep foreign characters in the localMovieTitle tag, and mb always goes through and overwrites. how to stop this?

Images only download once, at the time content is added. The only exception is if you enabled any of the automatic update features from TheMovieDb or Fanart.

As for the xml, this will happen anytime the item is saved but the file shouldn't change. We should get to the bottom of the loss of foreign characters. Or, you can just turn of saving of local metadata altogether.

dropshadow

I have checked on the server and neither of those settings are enabled under METADATA > ADVANCED > AUTOMATIC UPDATES. is there somewhere else I can check? you can see from the screenshot below that mb has done this randomly over the years and you can see just about 2 months ago, it decided to overwrite my movie.xml file. is there anything else I can check, or should I just resign myself to massive cleanup of 8TB of data?

554d6f8a5f764_Capture.jpg

Unfortunately two months ago is kind of old news at this point. We need to look at why images are getting randomly downloaded but for that movie it's too late. If you see it happen again then let's look at it closely

dropshadow

now I've noticed that when I delete images from the metadata manager on the server, it does not always delete the file physically...

dropshadow

what is the refresh command supposed to do? because now I understand what mb is doing...at least my installation of mb. every time I push refresh, it will go out and pull new images and metadata from the internet - even at the parent folder level which is really annoying. I don't have any of these settings turned on, and it's driving me crazy. this is what is overwriting my movies.xml file, this is what is downloading multiple images of the same thing.

I thought the refresh command meant that my client would refresh content from my server, not initiate a server pull from the internet...geez. basically if you like the way your metadata and images are setup don't ever push refresh.

further, I've found that all of my image problems go back to coverart. once I installed this plugin, havoc started. I've now uninstalled the plugin, and things are starting to get back to normal and images are coming back, backdrops are appearing, etc.

Edited by dropshadow