show sync progress disabled but I still see it

Deihmos

Deihmos

I have the option to show sync progress disabled but whenever I finish playing I still see something popping up briefly. Not much of a big deal but is there a way to not see anything at all? 

marcelveldt

I have the option to show sync progress disabled but whenever I finish playing I still see something popping up briefly. Not much of a big deal but is there a way to not see anything at all? 

That should't be possible...

What version of the addon are you using ?

Angelblue05

Could it be they are talking about the Kodi compressing dialog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deihmos

It updated to . 17 and it is a box that's pops in and out twice very quickly everytime the video stops. I saw it in . 13 also.

Edited by Deihmos

Deihmos

. 17 seems to have introduced a bug that makes videos as unplayed once I start playing it.

Deihmos

If I already looked at a video why would it mark it as unplayed if I begin to look at it in kodi then stop? If I play it for one minute then stop it is changed from played to unplayed.

Edited by Deihmos

marcelveldt

If I already looked at a video why would it mark it as unplayed if I begin to look at it in kodi then stop? If I play it for one minute then stop it is changed from played to unplayed.

marcelveldt

That actually makes sense. We can make it both ways. We followed the Emby way which will reset your playstate to unwatched (and set resume point instead). Before we had it the Kodi way... Leave the item marked watched and set the resume but that's not supported by emby.

By the way... That dialog you're seeing quickly is the normal kodi library progress thing. Just go into kodi settings, video and set it to hide status

• Like 1

Deihmos

That actually makes sense. We can make it both ways. We followed the Emby way which will reset your playstate to unwatched (and set resume point instead). Before we had it the Kodi way... Leave the item marked watched and set the resume but that's not supported by emby.

By the way... That dialog you're seeing quickly is the normal kodi library progress thing. Just go into kodi settings, video and set it to hide status

I can't recall media browser classic marking a video as unplayed if I start and stop. I actually prefer how it worked before.

The hide library update fixed it thanks.

marcelveldt

I can't recall media browser classic marking a video as unplayed if I start and stop. I actually prefer how it worked before.

The hide library update fixed it thanks.

check in the web interface and you'll see... once you start playing an item, it gets marked unwatched.

Angelblue05

check in the web interface and you'll see... once you start playing an item, it gets marked unwatched.

In Emby, the behavior I'm seeing is that if an item is already watched and is being rewatched, it does not clear out the watched status. :)

In Kodi, since there's no actual "playcount" or "watched" in the traditional sense, when you rewatch something, it should just keep adding to the playcount to keep the item as watched. As soon as you mark unwatched however - it will erase that playcount back to null.

What was the reasoning behind resetting the playcount everytime to null? Because, I find it odd too that just rewatching 1 minute of it actually resets the playcount/watched....

Edited by Angelblue05

Deihmos

I just tried it in the emby browser and it has the resume status but it does not mark it as unplayed. It still shows that I looked at all the episodes with a check mark.

If I do the same in kodi it shows up as an unwatched episode.

I still don't understand why it was changed because it was working the exact same way as emby in the browser.

Edited by Deihmos

Angelblue05

Yes the problem lies with Kodi - but it was because of the "if playcount != None"  --- So rewatching something, the playcount was never none and therefore sending a marked watched even if the item was not completely rewatched.

I just think if we changed the if playcount != None in the Kodi monitor to something more tangible we might get the behavior we are after. :) We just need to prevent the addon from sending the mark as watched based on just Kodi's fail playcount.

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelveldt

Yes the problem lies with Kodi - but it was because of the "if playcount != None" --- So rewatching something, the playcount was never none and therefore sending a marked watched even if the item was not completely rewatched.

I just think if we changed the if playcount != None in the Kodi monitor to something more tangible we might get the behavior we are after. :) We just need to prevent the addon from sending the mark as watched based on just Kodi's fail playcount.

That's what I mean...

Angelblue05

Alright, I'll check on my side, see if we can find a good outcome. It's quite unfortunate that Kodi has no "watched/unwatched" database column because then it would work as intended. lol :)

Deihmos

Maybe I am missing something but I found that it worked perfectly fine the way it was. Is there something I can do to change it back? Like edit something in the py file or something?

Angelblue05

@@Deihmos

Allow me to look at a solution first - because what you are asking, anytime we update you'd have to redo the modification. :)

@

Exactly, the playcount is their watched status...which is silly. They should be two distinct things like it is in Emby. :P

Angelblue05

No I don't think it's a bool value (or it is in the sense that as long as playcount is not null, the item is marked as watched) but the playcount value does increase when you rewatch the same item. The only time it is actually null is if you mark the item as unwatched. At least that was what I discovered when I was testing.

marcelveldt

I think they just use it as a bool, 0 is unplayed and 1 is played, is it ever > 1?

Yes they do use it as a bool, the name playcount is a bit misleading... Some weirdness with it though because 0 is actually NULL/None in kodi instead of 0

Angelblue05

I think what we can do in Kodi is completely ignore the played/unplayed value of Emby and just use Emby's playcount to indicate watched or unwatched. I believe if you mark unwatched in Emby, it will also reset the playcount back to 0. Basically stop using played true false for setting the playcount value in Kodi. As long as the playcount is not 0 in Emby then the item is watched in Kodi's world.

Edit: No....Emby does not reset back playcount when user unwatched the item. Bah....I'll keep looking at what we can do....

Edited by Angelblue05

Deihmos

The new implementation does not save the playstate of already watched videos. I still don't get why it was changed from how it worked in the beginning. It worked fine.

Angelblue05

Because it didn't work fine before. It used to have an issue with already watched content, where if the playcount was not reset it would actually mark as watched before the 90% mark...It is a lose-lose situation. But don't worry we are still looking into it. :) I also do not like the current behavior.

Deihmos

Because it didn't work fine before. It used to have an issue with already watched content, where if the playcount was not reset it would actually mark as watched before the 90% mark...It is a lose-lose situation. But don't worry we are still looking into it. :) I also do not like the current behavior.

It works perfectly fine now. This add on is great. Do you guys plan to add it to the Kodi store? I can see this being very popular.