Sonarr setup with Emby

Crestj

Crestj

I have recently switched from Sickbeard to Sonarr and find it much better.

I do however have a couple of questions I hope people here can answer about it's use within my Emby setup.

1. I have a SabNZB post processing script to move the completed download to the Emby auto-organise folder. Not all downloads are moved there, hence the script only moving a select few). Emby picks them up fine and puts them where they should go. The problem is that Sonarr has a "Queue" of things Sabnzb has downloaded but it cannot clear these as it doesn't know where they are now. Do I just leave this queue or do I need to do something about Sonarr "imports"?

2. I presume if Emby is dealing with all my metadata / renaming needs I do not need to use the renaming or Drone Factory functions?

3. You can set a "connection" to MediaBrowser in the settings but I am not sure what this is supposed to do. I presume it is defunct now but is that right?

Any help would be great!

Tony

Crestj

I saw that thread but after some chat about Sonarr it seems to have turned into a Usenet discussion.

I'd rather keep everything I can inside Emby as it works very well.

Angelblue05

Well since you are using Sonarr, you might as well actually use it instead of your script. You will have an easier time accomplish what you want rather than use Emby's auto-organizer. Sonarr is complete and was built for this very reason so you will get the best outcome using it for download, rename and moving your content automatically. Then Emby "real-time monitor" picks up the new content and automatically scrapes the metadata for you. If you are having trouble setting it up, I or anyone can help you for sure :)

Crestj

The script I use in SABnzb doesn't move ALL tv shows, only a subset is moved to my server but others are moved elsewhere outside of Emby.

The Sonarr renaming is going to process ALL tv shows isn't it?

Angelblue05

Ah, I see what you mean now.

Yes it will rename anything that uses the SAB category you've set in Sonarr for automatic downloads or if the content is placed into the drone Factory folder. The other content that's being moved elsewhere is also downloaded via Sonarr but you don't want them renamed, is this correct?

Edited by Angelblue05

Crestj

That's correct, the other content is downloaded by Sonarr but not process by it.

Sonarr tells SABnzb to download to COMPLETED folder.

Post processing script checks TV show name and moves to TV folder if a match is found.

Emby check TV folder and moves video file to correct "show\season" folder.

I'm not sure where Sonarr renaming/moving would fit in here.

• Like 1

dark_slayer

The script I use in SABnzb doesn't move ALL tv shows, only a subset is moved to my server but others are moved elsewhere outside of Emby

Why do you want shows outside of Emby?

Crestj

Ha ha ha ha!

Its copied to my tablet to watch when I commute to work.

I would use emby sync but it doesn't support offline viewing yet on Android

dark_slayer

Does sonarr support copy instead of move? Leaving everything behind for you to delete manually (or copy to your tablet)? I imagine it offers this, but I've not used it before

Angelblue05

Yes it does. It also supports setting a temp recycle bin instead of permanently deleting an episode.

Edited by Angelblue05

Crestj

I've set sonarr to rename and move tv episodes to the correct folders for viewing.

I'd rather use emby auto organise but this way works for me now.

I'll just have to manually copy anything I want to watch on my tablet until emby can do this.

Koleckai Silvestri

I just let Sonarr move everything. It properly updates its own tracking that way.

gthrift

I let Sonarr move everything as well and just have Emby scan it and get the metadata.  I found trying to let emby or sabnzb do it would make Sonarr loose track of what was downloaded and complete.  

CBers

Its copied to my tablet to watch when I commute to work.

How is it copied to your tablet?

Is there a way you could create a new CATEGORY in Sonarr so that it gets moved to your "tablet" folder?

That way you can leave everything for Sonarr to move around and not have to use the script.

Don't enable the MediaBrowser option within Sonarr as it doesn't do anything.

I've used Sonarr for about a year now and haven't enabled it.

Crestj

I thought about that but you cannot set a category per series.

I'll turn off the MB option, thanks.

I do find sonarr far better than sickbeard though!

CBers

You could change the destination folder for the series you want to use on your tablet, outside of Emby.

If your normal TV is at \\server\TV\Series etc., edit the tablet series within Sonarr to \\server\Tablet\Series.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Cerothen

You could change the destination folder for the series you want to use on your tablet, outside of Emby.

If your normal TV is at \\server\TV\Series etc., edit the tablet series within Sonarr to \\server\Tablet\Series.

Or you could use Emby's Folder Sync to move things to the tablet, its access should be comparable to what Sonarr's or Sabnzbd's is.

CBers

Or you could use Emby's Folder Sync to move things to the tablet, its access should be comparable to what Sonarr's or Sabnzbd's is.

I would use emby sync but it doesn't support offline viewing yet on Android

Crestj

Yes I also thought about the folder sync but this is purely for backups so does not mark items as read when viewed offline as is the feature I'm waiting for.

I may set this up for now as this will at least get the tv shows to my tablet.

BTW, any news from the "powers that be" about this offline viewing and android syncing? Are we talking months away or sooner?

Edited by Crestj

richardap1

I use sync with android on the latest version from GP. While you can't play from the app.. Creating a sync job will still convert and copy them to your device. I have a es file explorer shortcut to my emby folder and watch the videos in Mx player. When I am finished I log into emby mark the show as done and it deletes it and copies the next one over automagically.. Life is good