Awesome

dark_slayer

dark_slayer

I know this forum doesn't really need extra topics, but I wanted to drop in here just to let you all know how awesome the current Emby beta is for me

It makes Kodi work the way Kodi should to begin with. Actors are almost always populated (not in Kodi by itself), disc art and clear art are added without the need for running Artwork Downloader separately, no more mysql ;)

It's certainly not as fast to add new clients (on the LAN) as adding a new mysql client, but the initial sync is so fast now that it's a trivial thing to even care about. Having Emby as the backend is so much better than the native kodi library

I don't appear to have runaway memory or cpu from this either

My library is approaching 2000 movies (1961 currently) with 82 different shows (4000+ individual episodes)

It took around 15 minutes to sync on my Nexus Player (AC-wifi) and 2 minutes on my openelec box (wired). Playback is working all around for me, and it's reported as direct-play in the web client with all the correct info

Really nice

• Like 3

dark_slayer

Trying it out at brother in laws this weekend to replace OE Gotham + MediaBrowser python add-on + Titan

Will also be trying on other brother in laws FireTV soon. If all goes well replacing the old android apps on those with this

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's great to hear about the playback since it was reworked in 0.1.4 to fix issues with dashboard playback reporting, etc.

I find the add-on very stable and Kodi's interface is very "snappy". It is funny how Emby for Kodi scans in the content faster than Kodi's native library function ever will, hehe...it does indeed make Kodi work the way it should work. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

mprassel

I agree completely. This is the way it should have been. Great work guys!

• Like 2

marcelveldt

Trying it out at brother in laws this weekend to replace OE Gotham + MediaBrowser python add-on + Titan

Will also be trying on other brother in laws FireTV soon. If all goes well replacing the old android apps on those with this

replace Titan ?   :P

• 2 weeks later...
dark_slayer

Up and running remotely, couple of snags with titles that appear to have atmos tracks (American Sniper / Jupiter Ascending). Didn't log, next time I'm over there we will try those and log it. Everything else is quite swell

Also, tried music in 0.1.4 and failed on first artist, but too lazy to log (getting to be a bad habit ;) )

Tried again 0.1.84 and it worked, so can't say what was wrong previously

However, 6000 songs spread across around 500 albums and 400 artists took 2 minutes to sync into openelec running on a g1610 over gig lan!! That would have taken all night in kodi

Kent

Just want to post up that I agree totally, this is the most stable and performing client for Emby for my family now.  I have switched out of Emby Classic / WMC Live TV and into Kodi with the Emby Add-on and the family is loving it.  Higher WAF, more stable client and so far, no bugs or issues reported to me!

Running Kodi with Emby add-on on two Win7s boxes and 1 FireTV.

Nice job team!!

• Like 4

dark_slayer

I have switched out of Emby Classic / WMC Live TV and into Kodi with the Emby Add-on and the family is loving it.

Are you running the serverwmc add on in kodi for the TV portion?

Kent

Are you running the serverwmc add on in kodi for the TV portion?

Yes exactly, still running serverwmc but i don't use WMC anymore as a Live TV client. 

If the Emby for Kodi add-on supported the Emby TV Plugin, I would be able to decommission WMC altogether.  BUT as it is, it works really well at least until I'm forced off win7.

dark_slayer

Yeah, we have decommissioned DVR / live TV altogether, though the wife wants it back. I may keep things the way they are and just rent the box from Comcast at first with a harmony to switch back and forth. I don't have any reason to move on from 8.1 to 10 though, so serverwmc might make it's way back to our setup later on

Kent

You can always pick up a HDHomerun Prime and throw a cable card in there. With NextPVR, ARgus or WMC running on your 8.1 you can enjoy live TV on any of your Kodi installs (or via the Emby clients if you go with NextPVR, WMC or one of the other available plugins for it).