How many channels?

ebr

You guys that use your setups heavily for live tv - how many channels do you have available?

MrWebsmith

i filter out non-hd and some other..(premiums we dont subscribe to etcetc) from wmc before swmc plugin pulls them in.. total currently that i keep is approx 130

Koleckai Silvestri

LOL.  I thought my 29 were anemic.

If I invested about $2 Grand in an antenna, I might get 29.

techywarrior

LOL.  I thought my 29 were anemic.

Easier to have Hulu, HBO Go, Netflix, etc. But we use live TV all the time still for the basic channels (even though a lot are on Hulu as well)

As it is I find 90% of the TV shows on US TV to be crap... no idea what you guys do with 200+ channels. Maybe the Europeans have better TV on their channels.

• Like 1

mediacowboy

I know for sure that 255 channels is crap but I do have 50 music channels that is nice to turn on at bed time.

Easier to have Hulu, HBO Go, Netflix, etc. But we use live TV all the time still for the basic channels (even though a lot are on Hulu as well)

As it is I find 90% of the TV shows on US TV to be crap... no idea what you guys do with 200+ channels. Maybe the Europeans have better TV on their channels.

I agree.  I only use live tv for sports so I pretty much just need the four networks and I just pull them in via antenna.  But I need to know what I'll be dealing with as i design a live TV interface.  I know there will be folks out there with a lot more channels.

Appears that 255 is the most so far.  Anyone have more than that?

Thanks guys.  I've chosen to page 50 at a time with your favorites showing at the top.

SikSlayer

200+ here.

I remember making mention that the Live TV page of the web client only shows 50 at a time by default, and the default doesn't change even if you pick something different.........

But now it seems you're going in a new direction, hopefully this can be addressed there, I really like what I see in the teaser images.

Not going in a different direction just working on a different app.

jasonmcroy

I am using about 130 out of the 280 I have available. I filter the ones I don't use or need.

-Jason

ab123ga

Same here Comcast TV has 500+ but I filter the HD and SD that don't have an equivalent HD. My filtered runs around 120.