Any timeframe for the emby xbox360 native app ?

vaise

vaise

I know timeframes are not usually given out, but I am off to the USA in 2 months, and if I had a rough timeframe for the native emby xbox360 app (3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months) then it will stop me buying 5 Roku 3 players over there - and save me a load of cash, which I am happy to use some towards emby donations.

We are working hard, but if you need an immediate solution I would opt for Roku. Make note - Xbox 360 Dlna will be perfected very soon, hopefully for the next server release.

• Like 1

vaise

Cheers,

Dlna with my large collection is a bit of a pain - need a better front end that that standard.

dlna could be a stop gap though - if I move the Win 10 before you have the offical 360 app.

I have it turned off for Emby currently.

I dont need an immediate solution.  I just wont get back to the USA for another year for the cheaper Roku's.

We like all the channels with the roku, so if I have to get a streamer, it will be that one.

• 5 months later...

Another vote for XBox 360 here.

I was using Plex but suddenly the Xbox said No Servers Found when the day before it was working fine. Support was less than ummm... adequate, to be kind. Done with that now.

• 11 months later...
dansblackcat

Is this something that is still happening?

I'd love to see a native Xbox 360 app! My server runs W10 and although I was able to get WMC installed I can't get the Extenders to work, so I can't use Emby for Xbox.