Request: Suggestion for movies not in collection

nagetech

nagetech

I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if emby could give us suggestions for movies or even tv shows that are not in our collection yet? For movie junkies and enthusiasts like me, I think it would be awesome if it would show suggestions of other things to watch that we may not have yet and give us an idea of what we need to help further complete our collection. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a bit of a completionist / fanatic when it comes to this stuff. Sure, it may flatten my wallet here and there, but hey!

Just an idea :)

nagetech

Ah! was not aware of that. I was thinking it would show it on the bottom, kind of like how it shows it now with movies presently in your collection. Is that how the trailer plugin works? I thought it only showed trailers for up coming movies, I was thinking about maybe movies already out or older movies.

Figured I'd ask prior to installing it. I'm not one to install and uninstall things constatnly :) Like Keeping thingy tidy.

Edited by nagetech

There is an option in my preferences of whether or not to include trailers in suggestions.  If you turn that on (and have the trailers plug-in), you will get them in that row you are talking about.

nagetech

Oh man that is awesome! Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction! I was not aware that that feature worked that way! You just made my day!

Koleckai Silvestri

I have the trailers plugin installed. I turned the option on to show trailers as suggestions. Below is a collection that is missing a movie according to the list at tmdb.org but there are no suggestions listed in the collection. I only get suggestions when I actually go to the detail screen of a movie and none of them suggest the missing movie from the tmbd.org list. 

Here is the list: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/97461-lilo-stitch-collection

Here is a screenshot of the collection: 

Oefg2lp.jpg

I've never gotten a trailer suggestion for a movie that is missing from my collection in order to make it more complete.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

We're talking about the "Because you watched" and "Similar movies" features, not missing components of collections...

And, there would have to actually be a trailer available for said item so, as mentioned above, it isn't going to catch everything.

There is a request somewhere for showing missing items from collections and that's a good idea too.

Koleckai Silvestri

Sorry, the original post talks specifically about a Collection, not the movie detail page.

nagetech

Actually maybe i Didn't word it right, I would love it if Emby could point out missing Movies in my collection (like it does for TV Shows). I was thinking when you are looking at the movie details page, or even after watching the movie, there be a line for suggestions based on what you have in your library, and suggestions for movies that aren't in your library.

But the Trailer thing is pretty neat, not 100% what I wanted, but I do like having it added.

Sorry, the original post talks specifically about a Collection, not the movie detail page.

No worries.  I believe he is using the word "collection" to mean his entire library (collection of movies).