My user just disappeared!

Tolerant

Tolerant

Help, using Windows 7, Emby Release version (can't see version # atm) and was using MBT on my second monitor. I came back after being afk and found MBT NOT listed in the clients I can "playto". Next thing I know it won't let me log in to MBT and my entire User account is gone! How can I get it back? Help!

I managed to find the policy and somehow it had my user listed as "Disabled".. wth?!

Edited by Tolerant

Tolerant

It wasn't on the login screen, but as I said I found a policy file and enabled my user again. Apparently it got locked out which makes no sense. However.. NOW I am missing a BUNCH of movies. Wth is going on!?

Tolerant

I don't use Kodi, but it is defintly something to do with MBT because this is not the first time it went missing from my "Playto" list in the Web UI of the server. A bunch of movies disappeared, but after a new scan they are back and the "watched" status for them seems correct. This really had me freaking out because it's bad enough to loose files but worse if you have to figure out not only what all of them were but if they were watched or not. Thank goodness things seem 'rebuilt' atm. Thanks.

Angelblue05

It would get locked out if there were several failed login attempts. currently there is a known issue with the kodi addon where it will send multiple login attempts, thus opening the potential for a lockout

See http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Which addon? Surely not Emby for Kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elfman12

I had the same thing happen. My ADMIN user - main account. I failed on login on Media Center Emby server 2-3 times (stuck keys on remote control) then the user simply isn't there as an option anymore. Not from MC, Roku, Windows app or Windows Phone app. I can log in as one of two other users, but they don't have ADMIN rights.

I can't even log in from the Web app, and since it was my ADMIN user, I'm really stuck.

Any help would be great, and I'll get you whatever logs needed - as long as I can get to them while being locked out of config.

Thanks!

-Elfman12

I had the same thing happen. My ADMIN user - main account. I failed on login on Media Center Emby server 2-3 times (stuck keys on remote control) then the user simply isn't there as an option anymore. Not from MC, Roku, Windows app or Windows Phone app. I can log in as one of two other users, but they don't have ADMIN rights.

I can't even log in from the Web app, and since it was my ADMIN user, I'm really stuck.

Any help would be great, and I'll get you whatever logs needed - as long as I can get to them while being locked out of config.

Thanks!

-Elfman12

You got locked out. We are removing the lockout in the next release. For now, go to the login page of the web interface and click forgot password.

wcmktb

You got locked out. We are removing the lockout in the next release. For now, go to the login page of the web interface and click forgot password.

I'm in the same situation and need help! I clicked forgot password and it said it created a .txt file here /var/db/emby-server/passwordreset.txt. The problem is I have no way of accessing that file path. I'm running Emby in a jail in Freenas...so to get to that file path I believe I'd have to be logged in as an Admin in Emby server....which is the problem in the first place. Any suggestions welcome!

I don't think you need to be logged into Emby I think you just need to have the freenas plugin started.

wcmktb

I don't think you need to be logged into Emby I think you just need to have the freenas plugin started.

I figured it out. I just shared the emby jail file path out to Windows and got it from there. Thanks for quick response!

RedStripe

I have same problem.

However clicking "I forgot password" not working for me. I get thhe following dialog that sends me back to the login screen,
554cf5e4b37bc_Capture.png

When I try to login I again get the following message:

Invalid username or password. Please try again.

Please help.

are you within your home network? just go through the process again from the same computer as the server and it shoudl be fine.

Use localhost, and make sure there's no proxy or IIS routing sitting in the middle.

RedStripe

P.S. Just had a thought...could it be my VPN? I can't test it as I already restored the user by editing the policy.

Edited by RedStripe

chef

Luke does the lock out have a time limit, like an iPhone. Disabled for # minutes, each fail adds to the lock out time?