Access is denied

Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson

I'm on server v3.0.5061.25570

I keep getting "access is denied" in the log. In this case, I deleted the movies.xml from the folder when I saw the message and MB server recreated it OK, So I'm puzzled why access is denied some time later. The Movies share has full permissions for everyone

Log file snippet

2013-11-16 08:40:01.0892, Error, App, Error in metadata saver
Access to the path '\\mediaserver\movies\1000 Places to See Italy (2007)\movie.xml' is denied.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Savers.XmlSaverHelpers.Save(StringBuilder xml, String path, List`1 xmlTagsUsed)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Savers.MovieXmlSaver.Save(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<SaveMetadata>d__95.MoveNext()

Let me know if you need anymore info

thanks

Mark

shaefurr

What version of windows are you using, and are you using flexraid?

Also, in windows explorer, if you goto Network > mediaserver > movies > 1000 Places to See Italy (2007)

Can you make any changes (renaming, adding new folder etc.) or is it still access denied? If it is denied its not MB just a problem with the permissions

Edited by shaefurr