Delete function deleted entire movie library

Deihmos

Dibbes

As per your Reason 4, Its actually best practice to have sub folders, Microsoft does not like thousands of files in a single folder, must faster to have them in their own folders.

Neither does ext4

Fratopolis

I never keep Movies in the root folder. I just rip to that location. Which I will no longer be doing :)

Problem Solved.

JarvisTek

This literally just happened to me. I had all my movies in subfolders, but I was using handbrake to preview my dvd to make sure it was in the correct title. This created a junk 30 second file in the root of the movie directory. Emby gave it some random title, and I deleted from there, you know, cause that's where I saw it and all. Now ALL my movies are all gone. Using NTFSundelete right now to recover everything (at least it all wasn't stored on the system drive), but wow, didn't see this coming. Maybe a simple check to determine how many folders and/or files it's going to be deleting before actually deleting everything?

• Like 1

hi, the issue detailed earlier in this thread by Fratopolis is resolved for the next release. Thanks !