Cinema Mode

Doonga

Doonga

Took me a while to figure this one out since I accidentally checked it, but if you enable cinema mode in the web interface, when you try to play anything on the Nexus Player you get a grey screen and it locks up the app. I had to uninstall and reinstall it since the "force stop" option wasn't there and any time I tried to reload Emby it would just hang on a grey screen.

Also it was nice in the old app where you could use the easy access pin to sign in the first time. Now I have to enter my password once in order to enable the option to turn on the customized pin entry with the remote. (Found this out when I reinstalled it for the 10th time trying to figure out why nothing would play.)  ;)

• Like 1

That certainly isn't supposed to happen.  Something must have gone wrong with whatever was being delivered as an intro from the server but I'm not sure why it would cause a crash like that.

I've tested and used Cinema mode a lot with this app so I know it works in general.  Does it work on your other apps with the exact same movie?

I also agree that the easy-entry d-pad PIN screen is a lot faster for pw entry.  At least you can turn it on after the first time.

Doonga

The only other app I have is the web client and it works from there (same movie). This is happening with multiple movies. I can reproduce this easily but there's no activity on the server logs to send along anything useful.

Can you please post the server log anyway.  Also what version of the app and on what device.  Thanks.

Doonga

For sure, it's a Nexus Player 5.1.1. App version 1.0.32g.

I restarted the server so the log would be as clean as possible. I basically just recreated the issue and then shutdown the server again once it was on the grey screen for about a minute.

Thanks for your help!

server-63566370207.txt

Thanks that was very helpful and I believe I've fixed that problem.  Would you be willing to join the beta group to test it?