Problems using Web Client via XBox 1

johnbury

johnbury

Hi

Using latest version of EMBY Server for Windows (V3.0.5597) I experience a number of issues when I access the server from my XB1 via the browser

1. The top menu bar is missing
  2. When clicking on a link, the browser does not load the 'linked to' page (I have to 'refresh' the browser to load the page)
  3. Playback of HD content stutters

If I need to forward any further info to support these issues please advise

None of these issues occur if I use the web client from my PC, iPad or Windows phone.  I have raised the same issue with Microsoft Xbox 1 support

regards

John

chef

John, forgive me if it seems as though I am high jacking this thread for a moment... How did you open the web client in the Xbox 1 web browser??

I have never been able to do so.

Edited by chef

johnbury

Hi

I simply typed in the same URL as I would from any other platform for example.  http://<EMBY Server IP>:8096/webindex/index.html

Once opened, I saved as a favourite and added to my pins.

cheers

John

Edited by johnbury
  • Like 1

johnbury

Hi CBers

Yes I have.  In the current release, it is much improved over earlier versions (now plays the episode selected, and you can see unwatched episodes count). 

I have found that, despite seeing unwatched episode counts on, for example, programme and series folders, individual episodes are not flagged. (see separate issue raised under DLNA forum)

Anyhow, the issue remains that the web client worked (mostly) up till a few days ago an now it doesn't.

regards

John

• Like 1

Larry SA

Hi

Using latest version of EMBY Server for Windows (V3.0.5597) I experience a number of issues when I access the server from my XB1 via the browser

1. The top menu bar is missing
  2. When clicking on a link, the browser does not load the 'linked to' page (I have to 'refresh' the browser to load the page)
  3. Playback of HD content stutters

If I need to forward any further info to support these issues please advise

None of these issues occur if I use the web client from my PC, iPad or Windows phone.  I have raised the same issue with Microsoft Xbox 1 support

regards

John

I'm having the same issue...

5546653837530_XboxOne.jpg

Thought I broke something.

So when can we get a fix?

johnbury

Hi

@@Larry SA - Thanks for joining in and adding the screenshot... for a while I thought I was on my own with this issue!

By the way other readers, the Xbox 1 internet explorer seems not to have issues with other web sites / content.

regards

John

Rowlett

Yep - getting the same issue used to work fine but now not working... was on latest dev version, so reverted back to the version i was on yesterday which is the current stable version - 3.0.5597.1

still not working.... could it be an xbox one update caused it?

Edit: Works when back on 3.0.5597.1

Edited by Rowlett

Rowlett

can't use new DLNA feature as a workaround either cuz this is over WAN

Edited by Rowlett

We'll look at it soon and if it's our issue we'll get a release out to resolve it.

Ok guys, a dev build is going up now with the fix. Please try it out and let me know how it goes. thanks.

bennymac

Browsing the Web client on XB1 is working well for me. Tried all kinds of playback on the dev 3.0.5605.20190 seems all good.

Sometimes though when using Playto from my tablet the video will start on the Xbox but then stop and bring up the Xbox Video player App.

Larry SA

Sorry for posting so late... been using the new dev and the web-ui works on the xbox one now.

I still see some bad frame-rates when using the player in the web-ui. If I use the playto function or the xbox media player it plays fine.

Have no clue why...

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

yep... i watched something today and fully agree with Larry's post above.. current dev, using IE web client on xb1

johnbury

Yes... the new version(s) (3.0.5608.14733) seem to have overcome all issue apart from stuttering whilst playing higher resolution files (found stuttering in both 720p MKV and MP4).  Doesn't happen when 'playing to' XBOX, nor if using the web client on PC (Win 10), Windows phone (Win 8.1) or iPad (IOS8). 

I have attached 2 log files (ending 355 = 720p MKV, ending C8d = 720 MP4)

I hope these help.  Please let me know if you need any more files.

Thanks for the changes so far and all the XB1 oriented improvements.

Cheers

John

transcode-fd872459-e2e5-4569-9b64-0d76e60fe355.txt

transcode-2f22eb88-8814-41f7-ac32-152d529a1c8d.txt

johnbury

Some advice, please...  Should I post the issue described in the preceding post as a separate issue?

thanks

Edited by johnbury

perhaps it's having trouble with the stream-copied video. i'll remove that for the next release.

• Like 1

johnbury

Hi Luke

I have no idea what you're talking about, but thanks for looking and suggested action.

To all involved, recent changes have been excellent by the way!

Cheers!

John