Emby Kodi addon crashes

MartinAyla

MartinAyla

Hi

The Emby Kodi addon crashes during Sync DB.

I'm using the latest version 0.0.33. Emby Server is latest docker release (Version 3.0.5597.1).

Kodi is latest 14.2 running on OS X (10.10.3).

Emby debug is enabled, and kodi.log attached.

Any ideas how to fix it?

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for posting your log.

It seems you are getting an error because the server is taking too long to respond. I will get back to you on this.

MartinAyla

Thanks for the reply.

Now I experienced a Kodi crash, where it completely quits the application.

This happened when marking items as watched in Kodi.

I have attached the kodi.log.

kodi.log

Edited by MartinAyla

Angelblue05

It seems you are not authenticated correctly or something. Are you sure your server is still giving access to your user martin? If not, I'd suggest you do one of the following:

• Easiest but a bit longer process - start from scratch, in advanced tab of the addon settings > Reset local DB > Yes to library and yes to Emby info. Reauthenticate yourself and see if it works ok this time.
  • Shut down Kodi > Go into the /Users/martin/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addons/plugin.video.emby/ open settings and delete the line for accessToken. Save and start Kodi - it should ask you to authenticate yourself to the server.

If everything fails, please make sure you are able to gain access to your server from where Kodi is located.

MartinAyla

It seems you are not authenticated correctly or something. Are you sure your server is still giving access to your user martin? If not, I'd suggest you do one of the following:

• Easiest but a bit longer process - start from scratch, in advanced tab of the addon settings > Reset local DB > Yes to library and yes to Emby info. Reauthenticate yourself and see if it works ok this time.
  • Shut down Kodi > Go into the /Users/martin/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addons/plugin.video.emby/ open settings and delete the line for accessToken. Save and start Kodi - it should ask you to authenticate yourself to the server.
If everything fails, please make sure you are able to gain access to your server from where Kodi is located.

Thanks, I tried solution two - deleted my accessToken line and started Kodi again.

But, when I tried to mark a show as watched, Kodi crashed again.

I don't think it's access related, because I can see my library content and play it?

Edited by MartinAyla

Angelblue05

The one thing I've noticed is that I see marked as watched trigger multiple time. Obviously, the extra times fail because it's already marked as watched....However this needs to be reviewed because it seems not to handle graceful on your system. It's already added to the trello board:

https://trello.com/c/ZtvbkYdM/2-mark-as-played-triggering-more-than-once-per-item

If it worked in previous versions, then let you can get it off Github: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/releases

We will get to it, but currently we are really focusing our efforts toward the initial sync and getting it to work for everyone.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

MartinAyla

The one thing I've noticed is that I see marked as watched trigger multiple time. Obviously, the extra times fail because it's already marked as watched....However this needs to be reviewed because it seems not to handle graceful on your system. It's already added to the trello board:

https://trello.com/c/ZtvbkYdM/2-mark-as-played-triggering-more-than-once-per-item

If it worked in previous versions, then let you can get it off Github: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/releases

We will get to it, but currently we are really focusing our efforts toward the initial sync and getting it to work for everyone.

Thanks, I will come back to Emby/Kodi as it matures, it's a bit too unstable for me at the moment (which is very understandable!).

Keep up the great work :)