Movies don't play with "enable enhanced movie displays" disabled

paul777

paul777

Hi,

I've been struggling with something today, on one of my TVs videos inside my "Movies" folder wouldn't play using the DNLA client on one of my LG TVs - they just crashed the TV. (My newer LG is ok, it is the older c.2012 model that has issues)

I have since found it is linked to disabling the "Enable enhance movie displays" option, if I enable it they play fine. The problem only affects items that would create an extra folder level for cast etc. if the option was enabled.

In trying to debug what is happening when the option is disabled, I'm at a loss. When I click on the item on the TV there is no streaming request generated on the server - in fact I'm struggling to find any hint of a request hitting the server but am not sure where the best place to look is. The logs yield nothing useful. Any clues as to where to look?

Edited by paul777

paul777

Well I added some logging to write out the full dnla requests and responses and they all look ok to me. The actual <item> tags that create the items you click on to play the movie are identical in the 2 instances except for the parentId - as you would expect (one has the movies folder as the parent the other has it's own folder containing the movie and the cast/crew folder). So I'm at a loss as to what this TV is doing. For now I guess I'll just have to run with the option enabled.