TMT5/6 Keeps wanting to reactivate

LeftForPlex

LeftForPlex

Anyone out there with TMT5/TMT6 running into the issue of TMT wanting to reactivate?  It's a pain because when using MBC, it will just not play and sit at a blank screen.  Until minutes later I realize what the issue is.  Have an email in to Arcsoft, but so far no dice.

Thanks!

crashkelly

Anyone out there with TMT5/TMT6 running into the issue of TMT wanting to reactivate?  It's a pain because when using MBC, it will just not play and sit at a blank screen.  Until minutes later I realize what the issue is.  Have an email in to Arcsoft, but so far no dice.

Thanks!

Is it wanting to reactivate or update?

I use an earlier version of TMT5 and although I have not hard the issue yet, I have heard from others that it will prompt you to update but if you deny the app internet access it will no longer do this.

Cheers

crashkelly

It wants to re-activate over and over and over.  I've used it in the same manner for years.   

Oddest thing!

Yes, that is strange.

Shot in the dark here but have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall?

LeftForPlex

Yes, that is strange.

Shot in the dark here but have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall?

Yeah, I've tried.  It's running on two different machines, and I've even upgraded one to 8.1.  From everything I've read Arcsoft is cool with using one license on two machines, but even so they never called home.  Maybe I will just setup a wireshark capture, and see what the URL is that it is calling home to, and block it.

Thanks!